on 23 December 2015
Redeeming factor: The art and the glittery spider thread is a nice touch.

Apart from that, this book cannot be recommended. The rhyme is consistently awkward throughout. Sing this to the tune, and let me know how it goes: "Incy Wincy Spider / he doesn't think it funny. / He's tangled on a grey goat / and calls out for his mummy." Why not just use "fun" and "mum" instead of awkwardly tacking on the extra syllable on the end? It doesn't fit with the tune.

Also, this line is atrocious: "He's fluttered on to Buttercup, / the black and white young cow." The lyrics in this book hardly roll off the tongue, as it can even in some of Julia Donaldson's less praised work. Also, the word "young" does not belong after "black and white". Age comes before colour in adjective order. At least in English. This book is of a poor standard all round.

I feel like Bernard Black in Black Books - anyone could do a better job of this than Chapman did. Like his TV show Paw Patrol, this is another soul-less cash grab.
on 25 July 2008
My 2 year old daughter adores this book but especually the cd. She sings along excitedly - the only downside is every time we get in the car within seconds it's 'Incy Wincy Spider please Mummy', which get repeated and repeated till I put it on! A sure bet.
on 15 January 2009
The 24-page book contains a 15-minute audio CD with (track 1) the complete story with original music and sound effects plus Incy Wincy Spider song and (track 2) the story plus page turn pings which encourages learner readers to join in.
on 27 September 2015
Love the book and the extended version of the nursery rhyme. I dislike spiders but won't mind reading this story with my grandchildren. The rhyming nature of the text means they will be able to join in with the story.Not sure about the accompanying CD but it's there should I choose to use it.
on 11 December 2012
I bought this book for my niece as part of her Christmas present, I ordered one of the new ones but when I opened it, the book was ripped, smeared with sticky stuff and had dirt all over it. There is no way that I am going to be able to give this to her as a present now!
on 21 January 2012
This book has lovely illustrations but it does not have the usual rhymes. My grandson found this confusing at first but he now quite likes the different rhymes. The book is good quality and will last for a long time. I'm sure I will be reading it to other grandchildren.
on 11 January 2013
It was an amazing book and toy, great granddaughter could not leave it alone, brilliant, seems to be favorite at the moment, but then kids minds change like the weather, but a brilliant thought by the author.
on 7 April 2015
Excellent little book - although not the conventional Incy Wincy story some might be expecting it is good fun and my boy loves it! He is also addicted to the toy spider it comes with, so a bargain in all!
on 14 June 2010
Love the book, my 2 year old son too! Story is excellent, wonderfully illustrated (goes with sparkly bits). Song comes next to the story, it's his favourite one. Have to switch on the CD again and again!
on 19 July 2009
An ok story book but I thought I was buying the children's rhyme/song Incy Wincy Spider so a wee bit disappointed about that. The hazards of buying online without a chance to browse!