Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 September 2013
Had been at a reading of the gruffalo in scots and we all loved it - this is just as good if not better!!!! Still one of son's favourite books
on 16 April 2014
And so do I. I got introduced to this series of books retold in the language of "Scots" by my boss at work who said that he and his son liked the gruffalo in scots. My son loves the descriptive words and loves guessing (correctly most of the time) what the words mean. Neb for nose, een for eyes, plook for spot and so on. Mainly because he knows the original books off by heart mostly. We also like getting his mum to read it as even though she is Scottish her scottish accent is awful. Hahaha. Get this and the gruffalo in scots and you won't be disappointed. Also the roald dahl books translated into scots are also really funny. I'm an Aberdonian born and bred by the way. Stand Free!
on 2 November 2013
Absolutely fantastic, my son loved it even more than the original, added a bit more fun to an already fantastic children's book!
on 26 September 2013
Previously purchased The Gruffalo in Scots to send to England and have done the same with the Gruffalo's Wean although I had difficulty reading the copy I gave to my Grandchildren, but such fun translating.
on 28 September 2013
What an amazing adaption. Being Scottish and living in England not only allows me to read everyday stories in Scots, but educate my neighbours! Lol!
on 23 August 2013
Living in Scotland -- but not being Scottish -- I have to say that I love this book! I love the idea of it being "translated" in a way that embraces some of the colloquial language that is rarely heard here. We had an elderly friend over for dinner and had her read it to our little one -- it was lovely. We've since given it to a little one -- Scots mum & American dad -- for his 4th birthday, and his parents & grandparents & aunt & uncle could not have been more thrilled with it. This book -- in its Scots version -- is more loved, in my opinion, by adults than by the children, primarily for the appreciation of its intent. That said, I do think it's fun for children to listen to -- the language is interesting, and then there's the matter of trying to figure out what certain things might mean.

If I could give this 10 stars I would, it is really that fabulous!
on 19 February 2014
This is absolutely brilliant for us Scots ,not sure anyone else would understand it but its so funny and grandchildren love it . They have been learning "Scottish words" " at school so this was ideal
on 25 May 2014
Great fun to read. Best read by someone who can do the scots accent properly, then it really comes to life, but even funnier listening to others trying to read it. Recommended.
on 22 October 2014
Love the Gruffalo's Child and enjoy the Scots version of the story very much. Easy for the kids to understand as they know the story already so can convert the Scots easily.
on 23 May 2016
Can't rate this book highly enough, was Brilliant to read to my children using real scots, they love it and found it easier to read it in this context than English wording.