5.0 out of 5 stars love it!!!!
Had been at a reading of the gruffalo in scots and we all loved it - this is just as good if not better!!!! Still one of son's favourite books
Published 11 months ago by Jen

3.0 out of 5 stars Mistook this book
I thought this was another book in the series but then realised it was the Scottish version so gave to a.family whose children live in Scotland.
Published 7 months ago by Debbie Whitrow

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!!!!, 20 Sep 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Mrs, 2 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Gruffalo's Wean (Paperback)
Absolutely fantastic, my son loved it even more than the original, added a bit more fun to an already fantastic children's book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it more than the original!, 23 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Gruffalo's Wean (Paperback)
Living in Scotland -- but not being Scottish -- I have to say that I love this book! I love the idea of it being "translated" in a way that embraces some of the colloquial language that is rarely heard here. We had an elderly friend over for dinner and had her read it to our little one -- it was lovely. We've since given it to a little one -- Scots mum & American dad -- for his 4th birthday, and his parents & grandparents & aunt & uncle could not have been more thrilled with it. This book -- in its Scots version -- is more loved, in my opinion, by adults than by the children, primarily for the appreciation of its intent. That said, I do think it's fun for children to listen to -- the language is interesting, and then there's the matter of trying to figure out what certain things might mean.

If I could give this 10 stars I would, it is really that fabulous!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 28 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Gruffalo's Wean (Paperback)
What an amazing adaption. Being Scottish and living in England not only allows me to read everyday stories in Scots, but educate my neighbours! Lol!

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY SCOTTISH, 26 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Gruffalo's Wean (Paperback)
Previously purchased The Gruffalo in Scots to send to England and have done the same with the Gruffalo's Wean although I had difficulty reading the copy I gave to my Grandchildren, but such fun translating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase!, 9 July 2014
This review is from: The Gruffalo's Wean (Paperback)
Great buy. Quick delivery and good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 25 May 2014
This review is from: The Gruffalo's Wean (Paperback)
Great fun to read. Best read by someone who can do the scots accent properly, then it really comes to life, but even funnier listening to others trying to read it. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 5 year old boy loves this, 16 April 2014
This review is from: The Gruffalo's Wean (Paperback)
And so do I. I got introduced to this series of books retold in the language of "Scots" by my boss at work who said that he and his son liked the gruffalo in scots. My son loves the descriptive words and loves guessing (correctly most of the time) what the words mean. Neb for nose, een for eyes, plook for spot and so on. Mainly because he knows the original books off by heart mostly. We also like getting his mum to read it as even though she is Scottish her scottish accent is awful. Hahaha. Get this and the gruffalo in scots and you won't be disappointed. Also the roald dahl books translated into scots are also really funny. I'm an Aberdonian born and bred by the way. Stand Free!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS BOOK, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Gruffalo's Wean (Paperback)
my newborn is half English , so I read this to her every day with my Scottish accent , love it x

5.0 out of 5 stars great fun, 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Gruffalo's Wean (Paperback)
Great fun to read aloud. Well translated by james robertson.children loved it.they now want me to buy it in french.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Gruffalo's Wean
The Gruffalo's Wean by Translated by James Robertson (Paperback - 15 Aug 2013)
5.24