5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recomended!!
Published on 8 Jan 2008 by S. Lock

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS
Personally I couldn't get going with this book at all, I was confused by the presentation and delivery in the earliest exercises.
Published 10 months ago by Graham

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recomended!!, 8 Jan 2008
S. Lock - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crash Course: Electric Guitar (Crash Course) (Paperback)
I bought this book three weeks ago to help me learn to play electric guitar as I didn't have time to go to private lessons due to looking after my two young kids. I had only basic knowledge of how to play guitar and most was just scraps picked up off friends. This book is fantastic! It starts off basic, but doesn't patronise the reader. The first few lessons are learning to strike the individual strings and basic picking, moving on to basic chords, rhythm and beats then onto power chords, scales up to playing runs. Each day there is a new lesson and exercises to learn and at the end of the week a little test of what you have leaned over the week and a a backing track to jam to. 8 weeks, 56 lessons and 2 CD's. Very good value for the price. If you want to learn to play, get this book! Simple as that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and a Bit Challenging, 9 April 2009
Anthony S. Parker (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crash Course: Electric Guitar (Crash Course) (Paperback)
I recently finished the crash course in acoustic guitar so I thought that this would be an easy switch. The answer is both yes and no. He gets to doing some tricky (for a beginner) things quite fast. A good thing is that the book introduces some quite tuneful things early too. This is excellent as it makes you feel like you really can play!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the effort., 27 Mar 2010
B. Worth "Man Chimp" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crash Course: Electric Guitar (Crash Course) (Paperback)
Deciding to learn a lot of the basic before paying for lessons my local guitar store recommended this book to me. I'm a complete novice when it comes to the guitar and to music so I start from a knowledge base of nothing.

For those not in the know, Jamie Humphries is an excellent tutor and all round great guitarist, he knows how to get things across in a good manner. His approach is to get you playing something musical from the start and introduce new things as you go along. This helps to avoid getting bored. The books is laid out in daily exercises but I found myself taking 2 or 3 days to complete each day, especially in the first few weeks. Although a little frustrating its understandable. The CD's allow you to play along with Jaime and also play along to backing tracks.

This is a great book and i would recommend it to any beginner.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good tutor book, but not bound as a music book., 24 Nov 2012
Derek Blackman (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crash Course: Electric Guitar (Crash Course) (Paperback)
A good tutor book, but you need to practice for a couple of hours a day.

Would not stay on a music stand due to being a paperback book.

I guilotined the spine of the book away to release the individual pages.

Would have been better had it be manufactured as a spiral bound edition.

5.0 out of 5 stars beginner, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Crash Course: Electric Guitar (Crash Course) (Paperback)
my daughter likes this book and says it has shown her all the types of strings, sounds etc, she is doing well considering thisis her first time.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS, 16 Dec 2013
This review is from: Crash Course: Electric Guitar (Crash Course) (Paperback)

Crash Course: Electric Guitar (Crash Course)
Crash Course: Electric Guitar (Crash Course) by Jamie Humphries (Paperback - 5 July 2004)