5.0 out of 5 stars Glorious!
Published on 7 Oct 2010 by ChristinaRibena

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing
Published 2 months ago by Mrs.Vickery

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Glorious!, 7 Oct 2010
This review is from: Buddha at Bedtime (Paperback)
Wow what a fantastic book! Not only does it contain visualisations/meditation advice for you, as a parent to teach your child, but the pictures are absolutely beautiful. The stories are well written and remind me of 'Aesop's Fables' from when I was a nipper! It also teaches them fundamental Buddhist principles like compassion, honesty, generosity, calmness, patience, focus, selflessness and respect for our environment - all such wonderful qualities we should be teaching our kids...can't recommend highly enough, even if you are not following a buddhist path you/your child will love these stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 17 April 2010
C. Flanagan - See all my reviews
This review is from: Buddha at Bedtime (Paperback)
A beautiful book to look at and a very workable format. The stories are engaging and meaningful, the moral of the story at the end is a nice touch and solidifies a lesson. A very nice way for children to think about life and a way to navigate through it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buddha at Bedtime, 9 Jan 2011
This review is from: Buddha at Bedtime (Paperback)
A lovely book for children and parents to read together. Bought it with a view to using some of the stories for teaching yoga to young children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring stories, 11 Dec 2010
This review is from: Buddha at Bedtime (Paperback)
I bought this for my daughter when she was 2 and we have ready stories from it every night for over a year now. She has her favourites and they are lovely stories with a purpose and message behind them. Have tried the meditation techniques, think my daughter is still a bit young for these as we have lots of giggles, but it's fun to try. Loved the book so much have bought copies to give as Christmas gifts.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful introduction to buddhism for kids, 1 Jun 2010
B. Johnston (London,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Buddha at Bedtime (Paperback)
This beautifully illustrated book not only has wonderful storeys every bit as instructive as Aesops fables but also has an introduction for parents on the story of Buddha and ideas for starting meditation with kids.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 15 May 2014
This review is from: Buddha at Bedtime (Paperback)
I was looking for gentle, inspirational, loving tales of kindness and thought I had found it with this book. We opened it in excitement the moment it arrived, but what we got was not a book of wisdom and acceptance, but instead an overly moralistic to the point of pushy, judgmental and frankly frightening set of stories. We read four together and twice I had to change the ending completely as my three year old was so upset by them. There is a very strong "I told you so" or "I know best" attitude to all of the stories and the tone is highly disrespectful and preachy towards children. To top it off the stories are quite dull and not at all engaging.

There is a lot of labeling - "The cruel woman" "The mean old man" etc which shows no empathy or loving kindness towards them and writes them off as evil characters. I read through several more stories to make sure I wasn't missing something special, but I found more of the same. At the end of each story is a Buddha cloud where he drums in the moral of the story, which tends to be of the "Don't trust your own judgement, do as the wise people say instead" variety. I was so disappointed I sent it back. Would not recommend at all!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to your child's bookshelf, 25 Aug 2012
This review is from: Buddha at Bedtime (Paperback)
I have been looking for text that I could read to my five year old at bedtime, while also being able to help her develop her values, beliefs, and morals.
This book caught my eye.
The book provides a summary at the beginning, followed by a nice collection of short stories.
Each story has a colorful illustration that can be mapped to the text. At the end of the story is a small lesson (morale of the story).
Simple lessons, good quality, well written. I recommend it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Buddha at Bedtime, 17 Jun 2012
Kristin Sandi (Lahaina, HI, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Buddha at Bedtime (Paperback)
I got this for my four year old grandson and he loves it. His Mom and dad read a story every night and they do the relaxing exercises too. He also does the meditating exercises with me. Kristin

5.0 out of 5 stars at peace for sanity, 4 Dec 2011
This review is from: Buddha at Bedtime (Paperback)
really pleaeing a drewarding o my child to understand her 2 faiths. the picutres are a easy translation and very appleaing for kids with acalming nature perfect bedtime story and great awareness for kids andparents

5.0 out of 5 stars It WILL Enchant, Enlighten and Inspire, 20 Aug 2011
This review is from: Buddha at Bedtime (Paperback)
We have had this book a few years now and a real family favourate...Something I hope to read the the grandchildren one day :-)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Buddha at Bedtime
Buddha at Bedtime by Dharmachari Nagaraja (Paperback - 4 Feb 2010)
9.09