4.0 out of 5 stars A Coffee Table Book For Gluten Intollerance.
This is a lovely looking book, the kind you like to leaf through with a coffee and muffin in hand. Many of the recipes are interesting and thoughtful, simply explained and offered with enough space around them so you don't feel you're reading the encyclopedia.

Published on 29 Feb 2008 by Naomi Devlin

3.0 out of 5 stars A cook's bible
Published on 11 Oct 2008 by Ms. H. L. Melton

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A Coffee Table Book For Gluten Intollerance., 29 Feb 2008
Naomi Devlin (Bridport) - See all my reviews

I was happy to see that Grace had opted for fruit sugar in the desserts and even strayed as far as Millet flour. However, this book does rely heavily on the same mixtures of rice\gram\tapioca flour that give that familiar (and not that pleasant) sandy texture and beany flavour. The only gluten free bread recipe offered is a soda bread that I didn't even bother making as I know from experience that it would make a dry, heavy loaf.

True celiacs be aware of the labelling system used in the book as not all recipes are gluten free. Anyone avoiding soya, be prepared to make many substitutions.

I would recommend this book for someone who doesn't have any experience of gluten free cooking, but maybe think about buying some sorghum, amaranth or teff flour to use instead of the rice flour in the recipes?

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely laid out, bit eggy for me, 31 Dec 2007
R. Elliott - See all my reviews
This is one of those cookbooks that's nice just to read with a cup of coffee. The layout is easy on the eye, the photographs beautiful.
For me, there's a bit of a problem in that so many recipes use eggs, and I can't eat em, but that's hardly the author's problem.

Some of the recipes are also not gluten free as they feature oats, but there's only a few of these. Generally, these are good simple recipes that would suit someone just starting out cooking with restricted ingredients.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nigella without the cream!, 5 Dec 2007
I love this book. I'm allergic to dairy and was really at a loss for what to cook at times before finding it. Grace writes so well and this is a very good source of recipes. She makes everything sound and look so delicious.

Besides evening meals there are breakfast options, snack foods and plenty of cakes and sweet things - even chocolate! Her instructions are easy to follow and she suggests a list of store cupboard ingredients to get you started.

We have tried and enjoyed a number of the recipes including the Thai green chicken curry and the yummy chocolate cake. They were all very simple to prepare and went down well with all the family, not just me.

Overall this is a beautiful recipe book which has given me so much more choice about what I can really eat. I'll happily buy a copy for my friends with and without allergies this Christmas.

4.0 out of 5 stars good guide to people whose diets requires them to eat food that is gluten free, wheat free and diary free, 16 Oct 2010
This review is from: The Best Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free & Dairy-Free Recipes: More Than 100 Mouth-watering Recipes for All the Family (Paperback)
I had purchased this book as I have a 11 month old who cannot have any dairy or egg products and needed to get ideas of what I can prepare for him now and as he gets older.

I found plenty of recipes that we as a family can eat without him being excluded or feeling left out. It has also given me ideas on how I can adapt dishes that I already make i.e. pizza, fish pie so that it can be egg and dairy free.

What I also like about this book is that it also contains delicious pictures to some of the recipes.

This book is a good guide to people whose diets requires them to eat food that is gluten free, wheat free and diary free.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes - even pastry, 5 Dec 2007
All the recipes I've tried have been excellent - easy to follow, actually worked (not true for a lot of gluten free recipes) and tasted very good. Really impressed by the pastry - you really could not tell the difference. Chocolate brownies now a family favourite.
Would recommend highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant Christmas Present!, 18 Jan 2013
I bought this recipe book for my daughter-in-law for Christmas as she has intolerances to wheat and gluten. She was thrilled with it and uses it a lot. Good service, great product and great delivery....and a great new way for me to do my Christmas shopping.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Gluten and Wheat Free recipe books, 9 July 2013
One of the better books - all the ingredients are easily sourced and the recipes are easy to follow. I'll using this book a lot - love it.

3.0 out of 5 stars A cook's bible, 11 Oct 2008
The basic recipes do taste lovely, once you get your head round how the author presents the ingredients, such as 'sift half cup plus one and half tablespoons rice flour'. No scales necessary which is handy. Living on a family budget I find the recipes expensive, more so than other g/f, dairy free, wheat free books. It is a good book if you are entertaining and want something different. For every day meals, I do not find it useful. Not many pictures. The author breaks down the instructions, step by step, which makes it easy to understand.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Best Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free & Dairy-Free Recipes, 30 May 2013
This book contains a really good variety of recipes. It is well written and the recipes are easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars a must have, 27 Mar 2013
if any one is having difficulties with their diet they should try this book. it is not only for people who must have 'free' from food.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›