Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now

on 23 November 2009
I actually bought this book for my son but was so impressed I treated myself to a copy as well.

When you're having one of those 'What on earth am I going to do for tea tonight?' days then this book has lots of ideas on easily prepared sauces, salsas and relishes to tart up the chicken, pork or whatever. There are also sauces for those with a sweet tooth.

It's very clearly laid out, the instructions are easy to follow and, more often than not, the recipes use the usual kitchen cupboard ingredients. There are also suggestions for varying the sauces, as well as light versions.

Being spiral bound the book lies flat on the kitchen unit and as the front and back covers have a generous flap the page you're going to work from can be marked.
on 26 September 2009
This is a great book, filled with a varied amount of recipes. I haven't been disappointed yet in any of the sauces that I have tried. If you are looking to do more homemade cooking and want to add some great sauces this is the book for you. each recipes has variations at the end of the recipes to allow you some flexibility in your cooking. great book!
on 24 March 2009
What a hit. If your looking for a receipe book that gives you easy to prepare and yummy sauces to go with the likes of chicken, fish and various meats and vegetables, this is the book for you. It even has salad dressings and sweet sauces for desserts too. Buy it and sauce up your meals. We haven't bought a jar of cooking sauce since.
on 30 April 2009
I have used the book so much in such a short space of time! The recipes are easy and quick, with a few simple ingrediants. They taste so much better than when I buy sauces myself. I would recommend this book to anyone.
on 3 December 2009
This book is is easy to use as its divided into sections. Whatever you are cooking you can look up a sauce, dressing, dip, salsa or get new ideas.

Will keep and use forever! A great purchase.
on 14 February 2010
this book includes loads of great recipes for sauces and dips. I bought this book as i wanted a recipe book just for sauces as i find that general recipe books have poor selections for sauces. an easy to refer to book and easy to follow recipes.
would highly recommend.
on 19 September 2007
This book is a very interesting and useful book for any cook who likes to vary additions to many types of meal.

I would recomend the book to anyone who likes variety and enjoys cooking and producing tasty meals with mostly common ingredients.

The Light French Dressing no 143 is someting a salad cannot do without.
on 27 November 2013
This comes highly recommended from me ,have long been wanting to make my own sauces ,and this book fit s thee bill ..
The recipes are easy to follow ,ingredients are easy accessible from your cupboards ,shops ,(not like some you've never heard of before or hard to find).
There is such a variety covers all sorts of dishes, and gives you added info on what you can use your sauces with.
And yes I have made several sauces and they were amazing .
Thankyou
on 11 April 2010
I am dead chuffed with this book, both me and my girlfirend love cooking but find ourselves cooking the same stuff on the occasions when we dont have time to plan and shop for a decent meal. This book has provided much variety for our quick meals as well as the times when we have sought out new recipes.

Most of the recipes only require ingredients from your standard stocked cupboards/fridge (providing they aren't full of microwave meals and oven chips!) but may require the odd extra ingredient such as fresh herbs but genrally it is very handy to whip out as your cooking and decide on a sauce.

Hats off to the author, it is very well laid out and i think the recipes rank between good and excellent.
on 25 October 2010
This book is a must have for the kitchen cupboard. Ingredients in the recipes are not to complex and difficult to shop for if you do not have them in your kitchen cupboard already!