5.0 out of 5 stars Bringing the excitement back to bread
I've been baking my own bread (by hand) for the past 5 yrs, and in that time, I've purchased and scoured all over for bread books that not only inspired me, but contained recipes that I would use regularly and were relatively hassle free.
I purchased this book almost 3-4 mths ago and it has already become a favourite. It has 365 recipes - 100 of which are for use...
Published on 15 May 2005 by Mr. L. Dass

3.0 out of 5 stars Big Book of Bread Receipes for Bread Machines and Home Baking
I was pleased with the book it has great detail but I am a little dissapointed in the small amount of receipes for bread machines which is why I ordered the book in the first place, as the title makes you think that it is mostly for bread machines but there are only a few pages at the back of the book with machine receipes, infact the small receipe booklet that comes with...
Published on 20 Jun 2009 by Mrs Davies

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING, 30 May 2012
Mrs. G. C. Jenkins (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Big Book of Bread: 365 Recipes for Bread Machines and Home Baking (Paperback)
This is the best bread making book I have ever purchased. Very informative , easy to follow recipes. And lots of sweet dough recipes too. A really good all rounder.
I have had many over the past 38 years, all good, but nothing compares to this. Brilliant selection of recipes with fabulous glossy pictures too.
If anyone is looking for a great bread recipe book then this one's for you, You won't regret it

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Fun, 9 May 2012
I didn't know how much I did not know about bread making. I come from a family of bread makers so when I had read this book through my head was spinning with ideas.
Not only does it tell you "how to" its also a very good read. Could'nt wait to get started. Had some funny disasters (forgot to put the yeast in one and ended up with a cannon ball but it all went down with a bit of cheese and a nice beer) but mostly brilliant fun which is what life must be about. Word of warning watch out for fresh baked bread and fresh butter. Stand on the scales before and after and you will see what I mean............. enjoy Dc

5.0 out of 5 stars Book of Bread, 10 Feb 2011
This book is a little gem. Has lots of recipes for delicious bread. Easy to follow and the ring binders mean no messy floured hands pawing to read the recipe while you bake. Excellent value, highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOTS OF IDEAS, 5 Feb 2010
... for baking bread creatively. As well as all the standard recipes you would expect, there are some unusual and excellent ideas. Most recipes can be adapted for the breadmaker and all the recipes I've tried have turned out very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and delicious, 9 Sep 2009
Mrs. D. L. Hickman "Dani H" (Nottingham UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book for my husband at Xmas and we have subsequently sold the breadmaker and always bake by hand. Easy to follow with lots of variety (flatbreads, loaves, muffins etc). Great value for money - we are never buying a shop loaf again!

3.0 out of 5 stars Full of ideas but not what it could have been, 20 Dec 2008
365 Recipes and many of them good. Full of ideas for different combinations of ingredients. Not all of them are bread recipes though, so not quite what you might expect - quite a lot of cakes make up the numbers and even pasta bake and soup.

Recipes is really all you get here. There is very little explanation of how and why and Sheasby clearly isn't a baker and doesn't have a very good understanding herself of the process. She includes a pointless teaspoon of sugar in almost everything she does. The recipes are short on pictures with about one in eight illustrated.

Not bad for the price but not what I would call The Big Book of Bread

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 22 Aug 2014
just what I needed

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Aug 2014
it's brilliant!

1.0 out of 5 stars Feeling disappointed, 21 Mar 2009
Firstly I have to declare that I am neither a cook nor baker. I enjoy using my breadmaker to make bread and cakes and I do not like using dough recipes or recipes that require me to cook the bread outside of the machine. I interpreted the title of this book as 365 different recipes that I would be able to use in the machine and I was very disappointed to find that the section for use in bread machines is just a few pages and the recipes were no different to those provided by the machine manual. I tried a teabread recipe that was supposed to work in my machine and despite being very careful to line the pan as instructed the outside was still burnt. This has put me off trying any other cake type recipes and I think I am going to stick to my other recipe books from now on.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›