5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful book!, 2 Mar 2006
This review is from: The Kitchen Shrink: Foods and Recipes for a Healthy Mind (Paperback)
This book is fantastic! If you are interested in food for health then this is it! The book is well laid out into wonderful sections: Moods, PMS, Over Eating, Energy, Mind etc etc with practical advice and suggestions of what foods to eat. There is a wonderful selection of recipes with wonderful clear and crisp pictures. I have already made the Hot and Sour Soup (had that for tea last night) and have made two of the salads for my packed lunch today and I only got the book yesterday!
Natalie makes it a very personal book full of advice and knowledge, yet you do not feel that you are being over loaded with information.
It's a book that is worth being on your bookshelf and you could pick it up over and over again!
What a good buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 1 May 2010
This book is everything I have been looking for and more. I recently noticed that my mood swings and depression worsen after eating chocolate and other sweets. I read several book about nutrition (can recommend Patrick Holford's Nutrition Bible) and then needed a good cookbook to put my knowledge into practise. I ordered several from Amazon and this is the one that ticked all the boxes:
Easy recipes, inspiring ideas to fight conditions like PMS, Low Sugar levels, Depression and more, explanations and tips.
The advice given is easy to understand and incorporate into my daily food intake.
Most of the ingredients are easy to get and recipes are a really fresh approach for example on using spices; a beanstew with tomatoes and cinnamon! delicous!
I have made many changes, managed to cut right down on sugar and I can say that I do feel better for it. I sleep better, don't get energy slumps and am more patient and calm. Would have never thought that food alone can have this effect.
I now am a firm believer that a lot of behavious problems stem from eating the wrong kinds of foods - I experienced it personally.
I bought the author's other books too, and found the "Wonderfoods for kids" very helpful as well. Every parents should be made to read this.
So, can recommend this book to everyone who wants to optimise their nutrition and beat any of the mentioned conditions. It worked for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars comprehensive & informative, 19 July 2007
A very comprehensive & informative book about nutrional health relating to mood & energy. Includes a selection of relevant recipes too.

Also highly recommended ~ Natalie's inspiring book 'Wonderfoods'.

4.0 out of 5 stars Book aimed to promote healthy eating., 27 July 2014
This review is from: the kitchen shrink (Hardcover)
"You are what you eat", this author aims to educate, thought provoke, and offer simple actions in promoting well being.

The Kitchen Shrink: Foods and Recipes for a Healthy Mind
The Kitchen Shrink: Foods and Recipes for a Healthy Mind by Natalie Savona (Paperback - 12 Feb 2004)
Used & New from: 0.01