on 27 February 2002
This book covers the whole field so it's not ideal if you need a quick introduction to the subject. But for anyone studying management accounting it provides an excellent resource for learning and testing your skills.
The student's manual is highly recommended too.
on 30 January 2002
I am a first year accountancy student at the University of Glasgow, and the accompanying textbook for this workbook (Management & Cost Accounting, by Colin Drury) was the prescribed text for my management accounting course. Unfortunately, I found that the main textbook had weaknesses in certain areas, namely the lack of worked solutions to the often very demanding end of chapter questions.
Nevertheless, the student's workbook has proved to be an essential companion to the textbook. It contains a considerable amount of worked solutions to end of chapter questions. These were especially helpful, especially in the areas of the course where I am having difficulty.
I would recommend this book to other accountancy students who are reading the parent textbook and having difficulty in a lot of the areas. However, those students who are not having many difficulties (although there are few of them!) would probably be just as well off without the student's workbook.
on 16 October 2004
This book has it all from process costing to ABC it is simply the bible for management accountants this book changed my life. Sad, I know but you have to admire the author he makes it so clear and readable it really is a delight. I first read similar books by the same author years ago but this is the best, it covers everything you need to know therefore ideal for university degree courses MBA ect. The questions and answers are excellently researched and the use of colour in the text makes a boring subject interesting. It converted me I hope it will do the same for you.
on 14 October 2013
Covers many topics and very simple to understand the concepts. The author did a great job in writing this text book because it was very clear and concise. Great book to use for revision as it has many questions to help you learn and understand what you know. It helped me to be very productive throughout my degree as it was useful to complete my coursework.
on 13 December 2000
This book is excellent for anyone wishing to study management accounting. The questions at the end of the chapters are incredibly helpful when revising the subject - although not all answers are included in the book.
The chapters all contain worked examples of the subject, but some examples are lenghty and then become difficult to follow.
Overall this is a good book for any budding accounting student!!
on 24 February 2014
The contents are excellent and this book is suitable for graduate and postgraduate students study independently. Highly recommend! Good quality!
on 25 October 2011
I bought this book as I have recently started an Accounting degree and it was the recommended text. I have been informed that I will use it through my whole course of study so on value I'll have to take the word of my lecturers. I myself have only used so far as reference material for a Management Accounting report but I did find it was very useful and readily accessed/well laid out. The only drawback is it doesn't seem to have as many illustrations and worked examples as other books on the topic.
on 2 November 2013
Since I can not find this book in library, it is very useful for my subject. And the price is acceptable.
on 11 May 2012
Well it got lost in the post, but this isn't a seller review, so if you're confused about the 5 stars, that's why. Anyway, book is a core text on one of my modules, and it covers everything in fine detail. A must have!
on 27 December 2012
I have not gone through the book yet to make an estimation but i did go passed a few pages and i believe it is hellpfull to me and it will do me a good favour in the future