5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read Management Book
Another one for the bookshelf along with Charles Handy's Understanding Organisations book. If you are studying Management, then you will find this a useful and easy to understand reference.
Published on 5 Dec 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars CIM essential reading
You're never going to get emotional about a book like this, it is what it is. Read it for your CIM it won't hurt you.
Published 7 months ago by Mavis

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read Management Book, 5 Dec 2001
By A Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Down-to-earth, concise coverage of major theories & areas, 6 Sep 2000
By A Customer
I borrowed this book from my local library in April, and 6 months later I'm still renewing it every 3 weeks! It's invaluable for my current management course. The book starts by discussing all the important theorists from Fayol, up to present day management thinking then going on to cover many other topics that appear in various University Diploma courses - industrial relations, strategies etc.
The chapters are broken down into short, numbered paragraphs and most discussion is concise and to the point - no waffling.
The book has many "homework" questions at the end of each chapter and basic answers at the back. It also has past exam questions - the answers to which can be obtained from the publisher should you require.
Overall it's one of the best management books I've found - try it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money..., 15 Sep 2002
D. J. Partridge "david63720" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
An invaluable book used by myself during my managements studies with an excellent easy to read and reference format.
Ideal for those in formal study in either management science or MBA courses, but not for those looking for a lighter read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book Review, 2 Jun 2011
This review is from: Management Theory and Practice (Paperback)
There are more management books around than you can throw an MBA at. This book is well written and covers a lot of the areas I looked at during my MBA course. Often it seems to me that management books describe the very obvious and don't teach you much that you would not have achieved by pure common sense. This book covers many of the regular models that have stood the test of time (but do test them against the fast complex cyber world that businesses -big and small operate in). I have chucked my previous 3 or 4 other management books away now and will refer to Cole's book. If you are new to management and don't want to waste loads of money on many books (why should you!), then Cole's latest edition is a good grounding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book for all Managers, 11 Mar 2011
Mr. D. Reynolds "TBOL" (Devon England) - See all my reviews
As I am doing my Level 7 NVQ in Management I thought I would make sure what I do was what would be expected so a bit of study didn't hurt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Management Theory and Practice, 20 Sep 2010
This book was recommended to me by my college tutor.

Searching the internet, this was by far the best value for a new version of the book.

The book was delivered very quickly.

Would recommend the seller.

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful starter, 5 Dec 2007
C. Hughes (UK) - See all my reviews
This gives a good introduction to management and is easy to read but doesn't have a great deal of depth. Also some of the references have not been brought up to date as I would have expected for this edition. So key management thinkers/writers have been referred to, but not necessarily showing how their thinking, and even models and diagrams have developed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book, 31 May 2014
For anyone whose is training for buisness this is a great book it helped me to understand the different parts of business so much better than the college textbooks when i was doing my training

3.0 out of 5 stars CIM essential reading, 31 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 Years of contentment and Excitement, 9 Sep 2003
I acquired this book some 20 months ago and it hasn't left my bedside in all that time. Excellent for insomniacs

Management Theory and Practice
Management Theory and Practice by Phil Kelly (Paperback - 25 Mar 2011)
47.49