5.0 out of 5 stars Revolutionised our eating

Published on 4 Feb. 2013 by Megknight1

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Revolutionised our eating, 5 April 2009
FT "FT" (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Low Cholesterol Diet and Recipe Book: 220 Delicious Easy-to-make Recipes, All Shown in 900 Step-by-step Colour Photographs - Expert Guidance on ... Special Needs, Well-being and a Healthy Heart (Paperback)
When my husband was diagnosed with high blood pressure and high cholesterol I thought about all those lovely meals he was now going to be denied - curries, chilli con carne, sausage & chips, etc. I decided that I would need some inspiration to revolutionise my approach to cooking and bought this book. The meals are simple, fresh and extremely tasty. They are also fun, especially as his reactions to them are so good. He comes back from work looking forward to the next culinary delight.

One of the best things is that I have lost weight myself without really needing to and seemingly without trying.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Low Cholesterol diet and recipe book, 11 April 2009
I found this book very good for reducing cholesterol. I liked the way that every recipe breaks down the amount of fat. The cakes and biscuit section was very good as most other cook book don't include this section. They have lower fat contents than bought items and easy to make.

5.0 out of 5 stars low cholesterol diet and recipe cookbook, 8 May 2009
S. Alders (Germany) - See all my reviews
Worth purchasing to get on the road to a healthier lifestyle. Finger licking recipes, and you can eat so much more foods than first thought. Uses good fats etc, cant wait to try out all the recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars low cholesterol, 16 July 2010
Fantastic book, contains recipe's that have ingredients I have in my cupboard and dont take all day to make either! Def a good book!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 19 Oct. 2010
An excellent book. I shall be having my gallbladder removed in 3 weeks and my surgeon recommended that I adopt a low cholesterol diet following an acute severe cholecystitis attack in August. The book was recommended in the Guardian. It is well illustrated, excellent easy to prepare recipes and menus. It offers a varied range of worldwide recipes and makes for an interesting diet. I totally agree with the Guardian's recommendation

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the escape from high cholesterol, 21 April 2010
Easy to follow recipes with step by step directions, great for those of us who do it all from scratch. Very tasty dishes. Only gripe......
Needs to explain more on the Cholesterol levels, that is in the box with the fat and unsaturated fats, on each page. Hence, only given 4 stars.
But, lovely colourful book, well worth a look, and at an affordable price. Would, and have recommended to friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really useful book, 14 Feb. 2011
Mrs. M. E. Sutton "Mandybods" (Brighton, England) - See all my reviews
Great recipes, clearly states cholesterol content for each meal. Print is a little small but manageable, hence four stars. Well worth buying if, like me, you have just been diagnosed with a high cholesterol, if you haven't you could still benefit from the healthy tasty meals contained here.

4.0 out of 5 stars low cholesterol diet & recipe book, 10 May 2010
Good book very easy and informative
enjoyed making the recipes even the family have enjoyed the food
rate this book a very good bye

5.0 out of 5 stars At last - easy recipies!, 8 Nov. 2009
Mrs. Susan Cook (gateshead,) - See all my reviews
This book is a great buy for anyone looking for easy low cholesterol recipies.The instructions are simple to follow, with no ingredients that you wouldn't normally use.Even my husband has a go at the salmon pasta - and it was delicious!

1.0 out of 5 stars Same book in disguise, 4 Feb. 2013
I recently purchest the low fat low cholesterol diet book by Christine France thought it was great done lots of recipes from it and loved them as did my family so I decided to purchase another one by the same auther this time low cholesterol diet recipe book and when it arrived it was the exact same book has the other only with a different cover and title so I contacted the publisher and asked them why this can be and they responded with we don't want to mislead anyone by this we just like to refresh our books from time to time and offerd me a refund but that's not the point it is misleading and wasted my time and money to return the item so buyer beware choose carefully before purchasing

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›