5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a must for evangelical christians everywhere!, 12 April 2000
Richard Wood (Aberystwyth, Wales United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is a really refreshing book that brings you right back to the origins of evangelical christianity. John Stott reminds us how God the Father, His Word, His Son and His Holy Spirit are the foundations for our faith, and how all other discussions are secondary to submitting to the perfect will of our Lord. It has blessed me with a desire to see God's church united, and how that can be done. Read it, see how it's true to scripture, pray it and do it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Evangelical Truth, 26 Nov 2005
Amazon Customer (Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
For those who sit four square in the stream of historical and traditional evangelical christianity this is an excellent summary of the essence of it.
The historical heart of Anglicanism with its Creeds and 39 Articles of Faith seem lost in so much of modern day Anglicanism and yet what a foundation for belief! What a privilege and protection to be able to share in the distillations of thought coming out of centuries of christians devotions. I once had a conversation with someone who in essence told me that "High Church Anglicans" are the intellectuals and evangelicals do not think. They are too simplistic.
Anyway, this book will contribute towards supporting the view that such christians do think and many of the most intellectual of writers that I have read would sit four square in this stream of belief outlined by John Stott. If as a result we distill our beliefs down to a few simple but profound truths, so be it. I had always thought that intelligence often led you to be able to do that as well.
I really enjoyed it and would commend it to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crisp, clear exposition of the main tenets of evangelism, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Evangelical Truth (Paperback)
A thoughtful, generous, inclusive and mature presentation of the main tenets of evangelism - John Stott as his best.. Highly recommended.

Evangelical Truth
Evangelical Truth by John Stott (Paperback - 17 Jun 2011)
7.52