5.0 out of 5 stars What I need
Published on 5 Aug. 2007 by Gwilym Davies

3.0 out of 5 stars John Piper
I was recommended this book but when I read it I was disappointed in it because I felt it rambled and didnt get to his points quickly enough
Published 19 months ago by denis knowles

5.0 out of 5 stars What I need, 5 Aug. 2007
Gwilym Davies "kaiser_gwil" (London, England) - See all my reviews
Young Christians often fall into the mistake of thinking that what they really need is to know more things. Their reading gets taken up with increasingly marginal theological issues, the breadth of their formal knowledge increases, but their love for the Lord Jesus burns no more fiercely. Others spend their whole lives learning about new techniques - techniques for praying, techniques for budgeting, techniques for worship, techniques for almost anything. You know, I don't need more techniques. And I don't really need to know more things. I need to know one thing, one person in fact, and to know him with conviction. To be wholeheartedly, radically, single-mindedly, passionately convinced of the all-surpassing glory of the Lord Jesus Christ. I need to know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings. I need to behold him, and to stand in awe, and to set my face to follow him, even to death.

'Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ' is not a book about techniques. It is not a book that aims to teach you more things. If you are only interested in increasing your theological acumen, this book will not help you. It is a meditation on the one thing, the one person you were made to know. And, soaked in the Scriptures that bear witness to the Son, it is preaching to stir the soul. The author claims it is the only one of his books that he himself reads, and I can understand that. The prayers that conclude each chapter make the book worthwhile even before the chapters are taken into consideration. This is a book to own - one to reread, to recommend, to lend out, and then to read again. My dog-eared copy is often by my bedside. Because what I need is to see and savour Jesus Christ. Supremely, of course, I do that as I read the word of the Living God. But sometimes I need a little help, and for that I have found this little book to be a gem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving this book., 24 Nov. 2011
S. Morrison "SUZAN" (HIGHLANDS) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seeing and savouring Jesus Christ (Paperback)
Does this guy know his bible. He displays an inspiring understanding of scripture and has really made me think. Will definitely be buying some of his other titles.

5.0 out of 5 stars READ THIS ONE!, 8 April 2013
This review is from: Seeing and savouring Jesus Christ (Paperback)
A ver well written and comprehensive biblical study on the believer's relationship to the Lord and more full understanding his message and teaching.

3.0 out of 5 stars John Piper, 5 Nov. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Oct. 2014
Read it and be changed

Seeing and savouring Jesus Christ
Seeing and savouring Jesus Christ by John Piper (Paperback - 16 Sept. 2005)