5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourites
Published on 8 Jan 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars dragon
item was faulty and replacement was faulty so didn't bother to order again. Fault on the sound part way into the story. My son was gutted
Published 19 months ago by P-Bs

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourites, 8 Jan 2010
A Kid's Review
I love the book "How to Break a Dragons Heart" because, I like the humour in it and the language (fun words, child friendly words, great use of expression). The cliff hangers leave you wanting more, the storylines (there are many books in the series)are always interesting and are about something different each time, lots of adventure. I enjoyed the fact that they were about Vikings and swords and ships and dragons. The characters are always really cool and I like the descriptions used for them.

The books prove that even if your small, bullied or really young you can always be a hero-no matter what! I like the way that Cressida Cowell uses a different font for Dragonese (dragon language), Hiccup (the main character) can also speak this language and there is a great, fun example of this in the back of the book. There is a hilarious conversation between Hiccup and his dragon Toothless. The characters all have really weird, imaginative names like Big Boobied Bertha or Hiccup Horrendous Haddock The Third. My two favourite names are Camicazi (Cam-ee-caz-ee) and Stoick the Vast, because they stand out and are very different to most of them.

I would recommend this book (and the others in the series) to ages 7-12yrs because I really love this book and any one could get pulled into from the ages recommended. There's something for everyone, humour, action, drama, romance (just a bit) and a few blood thirsty battles!

5.0 out of 5 stars The wonders of how to break a dragons heart, 4 May 2010
A Kid's Review
I absolutaly adore this book. It is so exciting! With every flick of the page I was hooked. I encorage you to read this book because it is so amazing. One minute Hiccup is going to plummit to the ground the next he is going to be eaten. I have bought the other few books aswell and I hope they are just as good as this one. I love ,this book and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. Thankyou for this wonderful book. x

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant stories that really capture the imagination, 5 Oct 2009
I've now bought all the books in this series for my 11 year old brother in law who absolutely loves them. We've read some of them together at bedtimes and I cannot count how many times he has re-read them (he's only had them all for a few weeks!)

The stories are imaginative, the characters are interesting and funny, the illustrations are brilliant and it's something unlike anything else out there right now. I'd put these right up there with books from Roald Dahl and Enid Blyton.

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting better, getting darker, 9 Jan 2010
Josephine Costello (Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
We've been fans of the Hiccup series from day one - we have all the books AND all the audiobooks too (the readings by David Tennant are superb).

This instalment doesn't disappoint - it has excitement, jokes, great dialogue. It also shows how the author is growing as a writer. Some of her descriptions in this books are beautifully poetic, and she deals with matters of tragedy and heartbreak in language that is accessible to young readers without ever dumbing down. Definitely the best in the series so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars All Dragons books ar fabulous, 7 Jan 2010
hi readers - we (my eight and eleven year old sons) have a great Dad reading thing going on....I read these to them most nights. They love these books - real boys adventure books - good depth of English going on with good plots. Even better, the author introduces the characters (albeit a little lightly) in every book no matter where you join in the series. The writing is exciting and funny...I often end up laughing as I read.

recommended for reading to kids or letting them read them on their own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Series still getting better, 25 Sep 2009
Dr. P. Stevens (Edinburgh, UK) - See all my reviews
My son loves this, and reading over his shoulder I can see why: it's got the suspense and the humour of the earlier books in the series, and at the same time seems to be deepening a bit. We'll have to fill in the ones we've missed while waiting for the next book, I see.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Aug 2010
Mrs G (Derby, England) - See all my reviews
My 6 year old daughter watched the How to Train your Dragon Film then we bought the whole collection of the books. She loves them and they are the only story dad can't wait to read her the next chapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read, 23 Mar 2010
Lou (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This was one of the 1st Hiccup books we read. My 2 boys, 6 & 8 loved it, although my little one was a little upset by some of the sadder moments in the book (I won't ruin the story, nothing too major. Great fun to read aloud.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious Adventures of Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III, 2 Oct 2009
Christine (Reading, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Cressida Cowell is a brilliant kids' author. The Hiccup series are laugh out loud funny, interesting, entertaining and suspenseful as well as being able to get you to suspend your disbelief. They are also strangely touching. I love them and my son loves them, and we cant wait for the next instalment.

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids love Hiccup, 17 Mar 2011
JoJoZep (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
We live in the US and books 7 & 8 hven't been released so we had them shipped from the UK. The books are so much better than the movie (although the movie was not bad). How to break a Dragon's Heart was very entertaining and the author hasn't let the quality slip.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

How To Train Your Dragon: How to Break a Dragon's Heart
How To Train Your Dragon: How to Break a Dragon's Heart by Cressida Cowell (Audio CD - 6 Oct 2011)
9.79