5.0 out of 5 stars Great for adults too!, 21 July 2009
Mrs. R. L. Braidley "Rosie" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 6. Five Have a Mystery to Solve & Five Go Down to the Sea: AND Five Go Down to the Sea v. 6 (Famous Five) (Audio CD)
Now that my son is beyond Bob the Builder and Noddy, it is lovely to listen to something in the car which I enjoy too. Gripping stuff although the language a bit dated!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for car journeys, 5 Jan 2010
Great for car journeys with children. Fairly close to the book. Not sure how easy it would be for younger children to follow if they haven't read the book before listening.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very exciting CD!, 14 Sep 2010
My 7 year old son was wriggling in bed with excitement at this! not sure if its fab for a bedtime CD but very entertaining and built on his enjoyment of the 'Mystery of Cliff Castle' book we had as a library challenge last summer hols!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for car journeys, 8 July 2010
Enid Blyton seems to be enduringly popular with successive generations of children and having her stories on CD is a great distraction on long trips.
(My order arrived almost before I had time to turn round - excellent service.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Going back to my childhood, 13 Jun 2011
I loved the Famous Five as a child and thoroughly enjoyed this product, even though the writing style is very dated. Also got a thumbs-up from my 7 year-old daughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 20 April 2012
This has been an excellent buy for my 7 year old daughter. She has listened to it many times and really enjoyed the stories. I have also given this to my daughter's friends and they have all enjoyed it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD, 16 April 2012
I bought this cd for my 8 year old daughter in order to expand her vocabulary in preparation for taking the 11+ as it uses words and phrases not often used in "modern" stories, but which do form part of the exam. I was really pleased that she enjoys them as much as I did when I was her age.

5.0 out of 5 stars the famous five audio book, 23 May 2011
we all enjoyed listening to the cds, the story is faithfull to the books. it was entertaining and we will be able to listen to it again and again

5.0 out of 5 stars Listened to again and again, 3 May 2014
My son is delighted with his story cd.it is an excellent way to end a busy day for a six year old

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Five!, 2 Jan 2014
Our son loves listening and reading the Famous Five series of books and tapes and we thought that this would be a great stocking filler. He loves it and sometimes when he's asleep we have a listen as well.