5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Wonderful!!!!!
Published on 2 Jan. 2001 by lisa@smilewebs.com

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
Yer
Published 2 months ago by Matthew James

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Wonderful!!!!!, 2 Jan. 2001
I bought this tape for my 6 year old twins just before christmas and I can honestly say I have never seen them so quite. We had a power cut on Saturday and it proved to be a real winner! It was cold and snowy outside and we holed ourselves up in the sitting room with the fire roaring, the curtains closed, bowls of crisps and listened to this story. They sat through the whole two tapes without moving!! There are two stories, the first is about a girl, Elizabeth who is sent to boarding school and she is determined to be naughty and get sent home. But then she starts to enjoy life at the school and make friends and doesn't want to leave. The second follows her second term when she is determined to be good but keeps getting into all sorts of scrapes. We had such a lovely afternoon that I will definately be buying the next Naughtiest Girl in School tapes and as requested by my children, we'll turn off all the noise of modern life and just sit and listen. Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars She's hooked!, 30 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Naughtiest Girl: Naughtiest Girl In The School and Naughtiest Girl Again (The Naughtiest Girl) (Audio CD)
My 6 year old had this for Christmas (as recommended by a previous review) and she hasn't stopped listening to it yet. She listens to both CDs every night and today asked me if there was a DVD/Video as she is dying to see what everyone looks like! A long discussion about imagination followed but I am sure she will go on to the other Boarding School books!

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, 29 Jun. 2007
Mrs. S. P. Parker "PinballPenny" (Northern England) - See all my reviews
This is the same recording as the cassette one we have owned for years, which is really good news, as there are no irritating changes and 'updates' We really enjoy these stories, funny and entertaining. This CD is FAB! x

5.0 out of 5 stars Glorious memories, 12 July 2012
R. Chipperfield (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This is an odd review - I haven't heard the CDs. In fact I haven't come across Elizabeth, the Naughtiest Girl, for nearly 60 years. I absolutely adored reading the books when I was very very young, and I was tickled that my Dad, a man not given to reading Fiction, thought they were wonderful too.

I'll arrange for my younger grandchildren to acquire the CDs, and I'll make a date to join them, and we'll listen with chuckles and giggles and ice creams and I'll go way way back (privately!) into the memory of Times Past.

Yes, Blyton couldn't Write, and her stories are full of bias and prejudice and class consciousness and covert racism, and goody goody girls, and lacrosse! But - what stories she told! And how many! Malory Towers with Darrell, the Adventure series with Bill Smugs (very grown-up, those), St Clares with the O'Sullivan twins, The Faraway Tree, kind Big Ears...

They'll go on for ever. Dear me, no time to lose.

Enjoy them. Love them.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!, 30 Sept. 2005
D. Townson "Ulverston Quizman" (Ulverston, Cumbria, UK) - See all my reviews
This is one of Enid Blyton's best books, rating up with the Famous Five and Malory Towers/St Clare series of books.
All about a spoilt little girl who is sent to boarding school, tries to be sent away, and doesn't succeed, growing to love the place instead.
Maybe the parents of some of our current politicians could have had the same idea ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't knock it until, 17 Dec. 2007
It's almost unbelievable. A thoroughly modern six year old girl listening again, and again, and again to these peculiar stories. The characters and their circumstances are so far removed from modern life they might come from the Moon. The dialogue and dramatisation are, on the face of it, banal or incredible. The writing is basic in the extreme. There's no grist for an adult mind, except to ponder wistfully on the fabulous notion of sending your kids off to boarding school, "shutting up the house", dismissing the domestics, and swanning off on holiday. The whole thing is absurd. And yet. It produces magic. I found my eight year old son enjoying the CDs, and it can even get under my skin at the three hundredth hearing.. Wonderful. Literally.

4.0 out of 5 stars audio book, 25 Mar. 2010
K. Reid (uk) - See all my reviews
My 7year old daughter finds these cds very entertaining. Great for long car journeys + done in chapters so its easy to stop + start.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic stories!, 30 Sept. 2014
My daughter (5) and my son (9) were enthralled by this CD set on our drive through Italy. Yes, it is a little old fashioned, but both of them loved the story and my son was left wishing that his school was run the same was as those on the CD! There are the first two books on the CDs, and there are two CDs in the box (one book per CD). Since we got back my daughter can be found sitting listening to these with her brother sitting next to her. Great value, and classic stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Oct. 2011
I have been reading this book to my 6 year old daughter and my 12 year old son has been listening in. He has his own book marker in, has began reading it himself and is now almost finished. We are all enjoying it and I even began crying when reading why the naughty girl was so naughty. I recommend it as a book to read together at night. I am going to get the whole set of Naughty girl books for us all to enjoy. Why can't the new books and films be like the old ones?!?

4.0 out of 5 stars Naughtiest girl stories, 26 April 2012
My little girl LOVES the Naughtiest girl stories. We began reading them to her at bed times, and quickly had to get the whole series, 10 books. Now our girl is loving them all over again when ever she chooses. Brilliant representations of the stories in audio play form.
I recently purchased the other cd's to complete the series.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›