5.0 out of 5 stars Which stories are on the audio CD?
The stories are: Five Have a Puzzling time; When Timmy Chased the Cat; George's Hair is Too Long; Good Old Timmy; A Lazy Afternoon; Well Done, Famous Five!; Five and a Half-term Adventure; and Happy Christmas, Famous Five.
Published on 16 April 2009 by flyinghyphen

3.0 out of 5 stars AUDIO TAPE EXTRAS
Published on 15 May 2009 by MRS O

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars AUDIO TAPE EXTRAS, 15 May 2009
MRS O (north yorkshire, uk) - See all my reviews
Audio tapes have been a fantastic way of introducing my children to my favorite childhood author - there are 21 story books available in the main series. This audio cassette however is a collection of small mini-stories. Personally I think it better to listen to the tapes/cds of the full stories first to get used to the five, their adventures and personalities before delving into these little bite sized tales. Also, the illustration on the cover is the one for 'Five run away together' which is NOT on this audio tape. Having said all that, FAMOUS FIVE is wonderfully addictive listening/reading for my five year old and eight year old together, I recommend them.

3.0 out of 5 stars The same... but then not., 6 Oct 2008
R. Watson (Cambridge) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Famous Five Short Story Collection (Audio CD)
The stories are as good as the "normal" Famous Five audio CDs, but a word of caution. The actors who read the parts of the five (except Timmy of course), and mother, aren't the same as the other Hodder CDs. Not that it detracts from the stories (and the voices are indeed very close), but small children can be confused as to why the "Five" aren't the same people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Which stories are on the audio CD?, 16 April 2009
flyinghyphen "flyinghyphen" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

4.0 out of 5 stars Still good for parents and the next generation, 14 Mar 2013
Trilliane (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Famous Five Short Story Collection (Audio CD)
I'll admit I was a little curious when I bought this collection for my 4yr old, he loves books and loves to be read to, don't get me wrong, that is a wonderful thing, not so good when mummy is driving though so into the world of audio books we go, and boy does he love them.

I will say these stories are just the right length to hold his attention and being a dramatisation rather than an audio book they are perfect. Yes the stories are dated along with concepts that girls adopt female typecast roles and boys are dominant and brave but it doesn't matter, they are well read and will improve his vocabulary and grammer and I can see me reading them to him at bedtime soon and a little later, he may even be reading them himself, after all it's the sense of adventure that is still wanted in the 21st century too.

Even I have listened to these alone on my lunch hour at work and usually end up being joined by a colleague or 2. There is just something comforting about being read to at any age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for car journeys, 5 Jan 2010
This review is from: The Famous Five Short Story Collection (Audio CD)
Great for car journeys with children. Fairly close to the book. Not sure how easy it would be for younger children to follow if they haven't read the book before listening.

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming and Retro, 14 July 2014
This review is from: The Famous Five Short Story Collection (Audio CD)
I would highly recommend purchasing this cd. We use it to play all night for my little grandson. The voices are soft with no sudden noises and aid a peaceful night. The stories are told in a retro style which brings added charm for the little ones

5.0 out of 5 stars We bought this for our 7 year old daughter a ..., 17 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Famous Five Short Story Collection (Audio CD)
We bought this for our 7 year old daughter a year ago. She absolutely loves it, and it's been listened to over and over and over. She listens to it to unwind and relax before going to bed - and it has led us on to buying many more full cast dramatisations - we find the genre much more entertaining then audiobooks that are read by an actor. She hasn't read the books as they are a bit beyond her at the moment, but hasn't had any trouble following the stories. In fact, I've started to listen to them with her they are so engrossing. A fabulous buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Children love these stories, 19 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Famous Five Short Story Collection (Audio CD)
My kids (8 & 6) LOVE these stories. They are extremely old fashioned but sweet ... So may not be for all. The voices are very old school BBC hence the 4 stars - possibly not for all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic fun, 15 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Famous Five Short Story Collection (Audio CD)
Great nostalgic fun. Bought for my son who loves audio books. A real treat to hear the old stories that I read as a child myself. Who can go wrong with Enid Blyton? Recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 22 July 2014
Best book ever and I couldn't stop reading,and I will definitely read lots more books of the famous five!!!(loved it so much,could read it for all my life!)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Famous Five Short Story Collection
The Famous Five Short Story Collection by Enid Blyton (Audio CD - 18 Oct 2007)