5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, fantastic, an all time favourite!, 22 Dec 2005
Lesley Roberts (Oxford, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vesuvius Poovius (Paperback)
This is a wonderful children's book and will appeal to all children - especially boys - aged 4 to 8. It's a story about 'poo' and what the Ancient Roman's did with it before the 'loo' was invented. Along comes Vesuvius Poovius who invents the 'loo', but how can he tell the Emperor about his great invention when it is forbidden to mention the word 'poo'? A hilarious book with fantastic illustrations, and some wonderful play on words. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars My Grandson's favourite!, 26 April 2012
A Morrow (Marykirk, Scotland UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vesuvius Poovius (Paperback)
A friend recommended this book as it had been a favourite of her sons. I bought it for my four year old Grandson and he finds it hilarious and it has become a firm favourite. it is a funny book with the element of 'grossness' that appeals to the young.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vesuvius poovius, 27 Feb 2012
This review is from: Vesuvius Poovius (Paperback)
My son loves this book. We accidentally threw his first copy away and he was desperate to get another one. He was over the moon when this arrived in the post.

5.0 out of 5 stars what a laugh!!, 16 May 2010
This review is from: Vesuvius Poovius (Paperback)
my son loves this book, he is 8 years now and still reads this book, how toilets were invented in Rome years ago...

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 20 July 2009
This review is from: Vesuvius Poovius: Book & CD (Audio CD)
Excellent funny book for kids !! Loves hearing the CD and flipping the pages !!

4.0 out of 5 stars It's all about poo, 16 July 2009
K. E. Taylor "Katherine" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vesuvius Poovius: Book & CD (Audio CD)
I bought this as a gift for a 5 year old boy but, for reasons nothing to do with the book itself, it wasn't given. The book with audio CD remains sealed ready to give to another boy when the next party invite comes. In the meantime I borrowed this book from the library to read with my daughter and see what it is like.
At first my daughter (age 5) wasn't interested but we ended up reading it three nights in a row at her request. She is a bright 5 year old and I thought she might find the language difficult but she got the hang of the humour. It was interesting enough for her to talk to her cousin about but I don't suppose he had a clue what she was talking about.
The subject may be a bit crude and a bit vulgar but if it gets children reading then who's to complain?

5.0 out of 5 stars So funny, 16 Jun 2009
Mrs. H. G. Solomons "H" (beds) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vesuvius Poovius (Paperback)
This has to be the best book ever . We first had this from the library and I asked my husband to read to our daughter one night so I could have a peaceful bath . all i could hear was laughter non stop giggling squealing and loud booming tee hee's , potty humour rules with men and 7 year olds girls alike . this is wickedly funny .

Vesuvius Poovius: Book & CD
Vesuvius Poovius: Book & CD by Kes Gray (Audio CD - 16 Mar 2006)
Used & New from: 12.75