Format: PaperbackChange

on 9 May 2011
It's a very useful guide book for students to finally start the process in becoming a Vet. It helps you from all different aspects, from interview questions to different types of careers in veterinary. They also give you contacts and sources of information which have proven very useful in finding help and course tasters. I strongly advise it for people who don't know where to start but are truly devoted to get into vet school. Good luck!
11 comment19 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 August 2013
I had the previous edition of this book, so I imagine this book is the same and if not better because the information in the last edition was slightly outdated on its statistics, and I imagine in this one the information has been updated for this year. However this book is brilliant; the advice it gives you on getting valuable work experience, the application process, the BMAT exam, the interview process is excellent; it gives you a thorough overview of everything you need to know, and whilst in some aspects it doesn't go into major detail (such as the BMAT exam section for example, I recommend buying a separate book for help on that) it gives you advice on where to find more information (which if you're serious about applying you need to do a lot of reading around!) It really helped my with my personal statement and my interviews; it gives lots of valuable advice on how to prepare for the interview process and even details about many of the topical issues which you do need to know for interview.

I can say this book was my life-saver since my school knew very little about how to apply to vet school. This book is excellent, I'm now starting my veterinary medicine degree in September at Edinburgh and this book really did help me through the application process!
on 11 April 2013
As a 16 year-old wanting desperately to become a Veterinary Surgeon, I have been searching all over the place for bits of information on what to do now to have the best chances of making it into Veterinary School. But the information on the internet and from careers advisors can be overhwelming, hard to find and sometimes conflicting! Meanwhile, everything I needed to know was here, in this book. While it has a reality-check, to make sure that you understand just how difficult the road ahead is, it offers information on every aspect (entry requirements, work experience, finance, the uni course, application, interviews, the lot!) and with a light-hearted approach written purposefully for young people. Best of all, though, it has stories from qualified vets and vets-in-training, talking about their experiences and what they did, so you are reassured that this information is valid and you feel like you're not the only one who's had to walk this long road. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, THIS BOOK WILL ANSWER THEM!
on 21 January 2012
I found this book both very helpful and interesting. It provides all the support and information required and has provided me with alot of guidance. Thank you!
on 7 July 2013
This is so useful. Informative and lots of facts -but also includes lots of humour. It proves that the early teens is the time to start work experience if you are serious about a veterinary career. Well worth the purchase price.
on 13 June 2014
Purchased this as a gift for a student, this was a great resource for both her and her parents.
Very happy with the price too!
on 12 January 2016
This was a Xmas present for my Grandson 16 years old and very determined to train as a vet as they always have money as their Xmas present now they are older I always try to find 1or 2 presents that I think they will like and this years choices were great my Grandson was over the moon
on 8 March 2013
bought this form my daughter to help her in her chosen career - she is finding it very very helpful and keeps reading out information too me. Also nice that all the unis are included and not all of them require totally strict entry -
on 2 November 2013
A very comprehensive guide to the challenge of getting into vet school. Some sound advice but for much of it to be useful you'd have to have read this book almost before selecting your GCSE's. Great for budding vets, but begin early!
on 15 October 2014
Very good book but perhaps more suited to application to English veterinary schools. My daughter is wanting to apply as a graduate and limited information for her needs.