5.0 out of 5 stars Superb book for any prospective Uni student!!, 1 May 2010
Mrs. Susan J. Panting "Sue" (Thatcham, Berkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Guide to Uni Life: The one stop guide to what university is REALLY like (Paperback)
I bought this book for my daughter who starts Uni this year. There were so many to chosse from so I wasn't sure which would be best. I chose this one as it was written by student and I thought she'd know what she was talking about. I read it one evening before I paseed it on. What a great book! It's full of really useful tips on what to do and what to take and is written in an informative but humourous way. It also reassures the reader that any issues they have, have almost certainly been experienced by many people before them and the key is not to panic!
My daughter groaned when I gave it to her at first, probably thinking not more stuff for me to read, but she soon devoured it and it has proved a hit! - also has a few recipes in the back................;)
Money well spent in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book for people starting university!, 4 Aug 2010
I have been in the process in the past year of going to university and have been looking for some guidnace on what to do and expect. I first picked up this book in school and have never put it down since! It is one of the best books that i have read, giving great ideas, tips & hints of what to expect and do when time to go to university arrives. I can safely say it is that good a book that it has been the first book i have read fully in years, it kept me intrigued every step of the way and is superbly written by an excellent author. I would recommend this to any body! (Especially young people going to uni)!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jampacked full of helpfullness!, 21 Aug 2011
YS Levey (London) - See all my reviews
Bought this guide for my little bro who is off to Uni this Sept and gave it a sneaky read beforehand. Its pretty short and concise so is sure to hold the attention of even MY brother, and it just simply covers all the basics of things he'll probably need to know when he's come out of his drink-fuelled binge of Fresher's week. Its a really good guide to have sitting on your shelf, that you can reference if you've got questions, especially about the stuff that you wouldn't even think to ask about pre-Uni, like a simple guide to washing, how to go food shopping, and even health tips and advice. I reckon that he'll definitely find it useful (especially as dipping in and out of this book is much less effort than asking someone!) :)

5.0 out of 5 stars amaaazing :), 18 May 2011
My Auntie told me she had bought me a book about University life for when I go off in September and my reaction, of course, was 'why is she wasting her money on this now, i can find out everything on the internet'. It arrived today and I have only quickly flicked through but it seems so so helpful! I agree with the other reviews that it is written in a really friendly, easy to read kind of way and its really good to just have a quick look at as there are all different sections. the section that i have found most useful is the money one ! :) I have already signed up to many of the websites recommended in the book!

Amazing book, totally worth it! It's not just for freshers either, so it's a real investment 8)

Cat

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice One..., 22 Sep 2009
Pre-ordered this and got it sent to the university accommodation. It actually turned up earlier than expected so didn't have it before leaving home :-(. After delivering son to room & helping to settle in etc, left him to own devices to eventually find the post-room etc that took care of the packages & parcels. In a brief exchange the next day asking how the headache from the first night pub-crawl was and had he managed to cook something up, he did say, "Oh yeah, that book - not bad Dad, read a bit of it - not bad at all so far". For me that was money well spent. I hope the rest of the Freshers week leaves him time to read more...it will do him some good.. and probably some of his house-mates too !

5.0 out of 5 stars All you need to know before you go, 4 Oct 2013
Sunnydaze (South Benfleet) - See all my reviews
Some really good tips on what to bring with you and what to expect. Puts a parent's (and student's) mind at rest about a lot of subjects they were perhaps a bit worried about but didn't want to voice. Some chapters won't apply so it's not a long read, I read it over about 3 evenings, skipping a few bits which weren't relevant to my son. My son has even taken the book with him to Uni to refer to. Would definitely recommend if it's your first child going to Uni.

5.0 out of 5 stars For My Daughter, 7 Aug 2013
Looked through this book before I handed it over to my daughter and thought Excellent material and very very enjoyable as well as lots and lots of good sound advice in an interesting format. Excellent!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good, 13 Mar 2014
Daughter has gone off to uni now, she found the book really useful, helped settle her nerves a lot. Useful book for tips etc.....

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 6 July 2013
This book is very useful for settling nerves about going to uni and had many useful sections. My only complaint is it wasn't long enough ! :) pleased I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Advice, 22 Aug 2011
Great book, with a humourous style and fantastic advice, I'm a bit long in the tooth now but wish I had been able to read it before starting uni rather than after finishing!

A Guide to Uni Life: The one stop guide to what university is REALLY like