5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin
I'm impressed when books actually do what they claim. This book really does give you useful and practical tips to use in an interview situation. Anyone who is in the unenviable position of looking for a job right now - and there are thousands of us, I recommend to read this book.
Published on 11 Feb 2009 by Gary Saidler

3.0 out of 5 stars Good tips, but easily bested...
Though this book has some good tips, it is easily bested by another book in the series. Linked Below.

Published on 26 July 2010 by J. Andrew

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 11 Feb 2009
Gary Saidler - See all my reviews
This review is from: You're Hired! Interview: Tips and techniques for a brilliant interview (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good tips, but easily bested..., 26 July 2010
J. Andrew "Joel" (UK) - See all my reviews

Most of the tips are common sense, and it addresses very little new content. It does not give clear advice on how to present answers or how to improve the impact of your interview. I almost feel it repeats itself a little. Good advice, but not sure you need a book for it.

You're Hired! Interview Answers: Brilliant Answers to Tough Interview Questions

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're going for an interview - buy this book!, 6 Feb 2009
What I thought was great about this book is that it is very up to date and contemporary - so the advice is relevant for today's job market. It's also jam-packed with good advice and information - yet written in a very accessible style, making it easy and fun to read while making some serious points that as a candidate you definitely need to know. Highly recommended for anyone looking for their next job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius - so many things I wouldn't have thought of!, 2 Feb 2009
This book is brilliant. I found the information about body language and how to dress particularly useful. It's full of great advice and covers so many things I wouldn't have thought of. I now feel much more confident going for my interviews and recommend to anyone to buy this book if you find interviews daunting like I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book which will boost interview understanding and confidence!, 19 May 2009
Z. Sheikh "Zaf Sheikh" (London) - See all my reviews
An insightful, practical and fun book which offers excellent advice on how to make that all important interview process more enjoyable.

As a recruitment manager (and experienced interviewer), I appreciate the way the author explains how selection processes work and also integrates sound tips and techniques with interesting psychological viewpoints.

Readers will benefit from a much deeper understanding of interviews in general, and ultimately a boost in confidence...both vital steps to ensuring success!

2.0 out of 5 stars very blah, 3 Jan 2011
wish I had saved my money and bought something else. The ideas inside the book are very basic and If you have been to a couple of interviews you would have picked up the information yourself.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not overly impressive, 9 Dec 2010
S. Mooney (Kildare, Ireland) - See all my reviews
I bought this just after I had bought Great Answers to Tough interview Questions as some supplementary reading. the author raises some good points but overall I didn't find the book helpful.

Too many of the tips are simply common sense, I think there are definitely better books out there that cover a much broader spectrum of job hunting. If you can pick this up second hand well and good otherwise I would spend your money on a more comprehensive book on this topic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the front, 13 May 2009
I was looking for a job for 10 month when I came across this book I had tried everything professional interview coaching, cv writing but no luck when I had the 11th interview arranged I bought this book I took the tips from this and now I have secured the position I wanted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable interview advice!, 13 Mar 2009
H. Law (London, UK) - See all my reviews
There is no need to rely on friends' conflicting and confusing advice when going to an interview now, this book is straight forward and so useful. From what to wear to how to prepare, it has guidance for all aspects of going to an interview. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars This book WILL get you a job!, 22 Jun 2009
This book is absolutely fantastic. Its very easy to read, interesting and gives you confidence in your ability to interview well.

I wouldn't consider myself a "people person" but this books tells you how to use body language and other techniques to present a different you. It tells you to ignore all the "be yourself" advice you've heard, and present your potential instead.

It was my first ever interview and I was absolutely bricking it until I read this book. It teaches you how to be confident and it worked. I was intended to use the interview as a practice, knowing it wasn't going to the best, but I've just been hired by the company and they have told me twice that they were "very impressed" by my interview.

THIS BOOK IS ONLY A £6. YOU'RE ESSENTIALLY BUYING YOURSELF A JOB!

(I'd also highly recommend the CV Writing version to use alongside this)

You're Hired! Interview: Tips and techniques for a brilliant interview