5.0 out of 5 stars A Review From Someone Who's Actually Read It....
Published on 22 Aug 2010 by D. Graham

2.0 out of 5 stars To be honest - it was terrible.
Published on 20 Aug 2012 by M Dixon

2.0 out of 5 stars To be honest - it was terrible., 20 Aug 2012
M Dixon "Mark" (Bath, UK) - See all my reviews
This the worst sort of biography: Whilst I don't doubt it is factual and well researched; it comes a across as a collection of cuttings and quotations from various sources than are cobbled together into a disjointed narrative. If my memory serves me right, because I can't remember much about this book, it has the occaisional quip from the author which are dreadful and incongruous. I don't know whether it is poorly written or poorly edited, but it seems to me as if some editor has commissioned a book from somone who wasn't really interested in their subject, just to make a few quid from the Simon Cowell bandwagon. I rarely write negative reviews as every book is someone's hard work; but in this case I was prepared to make an exception.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Review From Someone Who's Actually Read It...., 22 Aug 2010
D. Graham (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simon Cowell: The Man Who Changed the World (Paperback)
Didn't know a great deal about Mr Cowell and wouldn't say I was a fan - is anyone?? Was given this because I've got some of the author's other books. Didn't know what to expect really. Well it's certainly bang up to date, it starts in 2010 with the start of the Haiti disaster appeal before going back over Cowell's life and all those TV shows here and abroad. All the successes (and failures, surprising how many) are here as well as the 'will he won't he' get married stuff and the build up to American X Factor. Is Cowell as bad as he's made out? Probably - but he seems to have a bloomin' good time doing what he does. Book is very well written, easy to read but with some good points to be made about the currrent state of the TV and music industries. The 'where are they now' bit at the back is very funny indeed. Enjoyed it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of same as before, 28 Aug 2012
This review is from: Simon Cowell: The Man Who Changed the World (Paperback)
Book is OK but contains a lot of info that has been in previous titles where Mr Cowell has been the the subject

2.0 out of 5 stars boring, 20 Aug 2012
found book very boring could not keep me reading wanted gossip all about sinnata although he did have a hard time making it

5.0 out of 5 stars V. Entertaining, 26 Aug 2010
C. Lucas (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simon Cowell: The Man Who Changed the World (Paperback)
Eventually arrived. Seems to have been a delay in this book being published... It's got the latest American Idol/Britain's Got Talent results in - perhaps that's why. Didn't know a lot of the stuff that's in here - very thorough, better written than most showbusiness biogs and pretty funny too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Simon Cowell: The Man Who Changed the World., 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: Simon Cowell: The Man Who Changed the World (Paperback)
I didn't learn anything new in this book. Most of the info I had already learned in Cowell's autobiography "I Don't Mean To Be Rude But...." There were also some false facts re Susan Boyle, whose autobiography I recently read. Not a very well put together biography and the kindle edition was badly edited.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 21 July 2013
love it, interesting read, things I never knew about his struggle to get what h e wanted to achieve. brilliant

2.0 out of 5 stars waiting for autobiography, 31 Mar 2013
S. Reading (UK) - See all my reviews
The problem with biographies is the missing 'auto' - The fact that the book has not been written by the ccelebrity themself you can't be sure the facts are actually true!
I'll wait until Simon writes his autobiography!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Simon, 27 Jan 2011
Mrs. Ann Gibbons "annie413" (scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simon Cowell: The Man Who Changed the World (Paperback)
what can i say about this book except that mr charisma himself is always being honest with other people and in this book he is being honest with the readers. well done simon I love you

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Biography, 11 May 2012
Mrs C "Chris in Hampshire" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Simon Cowell: The Man Who Changed the World (Paperback)
I cannot deny the fact that I have always been a Simon Cowell fan. He works hard, he says it how it is and for that he is to be admired.
This is the 3rd book that I have read about him and I think it is the best. It charts his life from the young Simon up to 2010 when the book was published. It is a well written account of the boy to man, from failure to world wide success. It gives a better insight into the world of Talent Shows and no one could failed to be impressed at how hard Simon Cowell has worked and got to the top of his game. He is a very wealthy man and has worked hard for that wealth. He is also very caring and does a lot for charity.
Like him or loath him, admire him or despise him this book is a must. It is a real page turner and might just change your attitude to him. There are several nice coloured photos in the book as well. Buy it and enjoy it!

Simon Cowell: The Man Who Changed the World
Simon Cowell: The Man Who Changed the World by David Nolan (Paperback - 2 Aug 2010)
7.01