4.0 out of 5 stars Alexandra Burke "A Star is Born"
The book is very entertaining written.For an Alexandra fan it will bring not much news about about her. But I do think it belongs on the bookshelf. Be careful with that book, because as on the cover is stated: an unauthorisized book. But the book is well written.
Published on 30 Oct 2009 by J. van Gompel

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing
Published on 31 Mar 2010 by David A. Vincent

4.0 out of 5 stars Alexandra Burke "A Star is Born", 30 Oct 2009
J. van Gompel (The Netherlands) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas present, 9 Mar 2013
This review is from: Alexandra Burke: A Star is Born (Paperback)
Fast delivery from seller and in brand new condition. As it was a gift I can't review the content, but my son was pleased to receive the book as a present.

4.0 out of 5 stars pleasant, informative read!, 8 Jan 2011
This review is from: Alexandra Burke: A Star is Born (Paperback)
When I bought Alexandra Burke's debut album, I did not have super high expectations, I liked the song 'Bad boys' and thought finding more songs alike ;-) Boys, was I KNOCKED OVER when hearing the rest of the album and seeing her videoclips (bought the deluxe edition), I actually had goosebumps (and still do every time!) My curiousity was raised, I wanted to find out more about her. The book "Alexandra Burke: A star is born" was quite informative for this purpose, after having read her childhood's story and the way in which she went through the X factor show (including quotes of Alexandra and the judges), my respect has done nothing more than grow! I can imagine for someone who has watched the show (I didn't, since I'm from Belgium), there will be not too much new information to be found there, but hey, it could be fun to refresh your mind and read all over it again right? Also, this is an unauthorized biography, so some things should probably be taken with a pinch of salt. As a conclusion, I could say the book's well written and is an easy read, I had some pleasant reading hours! And lastly, Alexandra, if you would ever read this: thank you for being such an amazing artist and please keep on surprising us with your music!! :-)

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 31 Mar 2010
David A. Vincent (Suffolk, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alexandra Burke: A Star is Born (Paperback)
240 pages long. 20 pages of Alexandra's early life (i.e before X Factor and relatively interesting) and 220 pages of X Factor where the author quotes every judges comments on her performances, quotes all commentary from the VT footage shown throughout the series and adds, presumably where copyright allows him, quotes from newspapers and magazines. There are no new interviews with anyone connected to Alexandra and therefore zero insight into her life whatsoever. Unauthorized biographies suggest stories of scandal and debauchery or if none, then at least a bad word from SOMEBODY. Nothing.

Having said all that this book is not aimed at me (I'm 46 and was given it as a joke Xmas present - thanks Gary!) but even so there is absolutely nothing new in here. Even a fan would struggle.

Alexandra Burke: A Star is Born
Alexandra Burke: A Star is Born by Chas Newkey-Burden (Paperback - 5 Oct 2009)
6.96