4.0 out of 5 stars Two Good Books of a Champion
Brian O'Driscoll is an Irish legend of Rugby.
Very unassuming and a great role model for young people
Highly recommended
Published 18 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok bit I wouldn't rush our to buy it
There is no doubt this man opitomises the ideal professional rugby player and this does come across in this book. Unfortunatley that is about the only thing that does.

Published on 8 Aug 2008 by Kl Moore

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok bit I wouldn't rush our to buy it, 8 Aug 2008
Kl Moore "Dezzy" (England) - See all my reviews

I felt that this book was just full of match reports relating to Ireland and Leinster. You don't get to know the true man and it doesn't come across that he had a huge amount of input in the book.

There is however an excellent section about the ilfated Lions Tour which had me engrosed but that was about it.

I think this might be a good read for all Ireland and Leinster supports out there who can relate to some of the games that are talked about but I would say there a lot more interesting rugby auto biogrophies out there.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst sports biography I have ever read, 20 Dec 2009
This review is from: Brian O'Driscoll: In BOD We Trust (Paperback)
This is the worst sports biography I have ever read, and a great disservice to undoubtably one of Ireland's greatest sportsman to be associated with it.

It is full of tabliod cliches, many inaccurate facts and repetition. I would question whether the author has O'level English. Who the hell are Ronan & Gordan

Brian O'Driscoll deserves better

If it was possible I would give it no stars

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry, but this gets a D-, 2 April 2013
Paul Dolan - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brian O'Driscoll: In BOD We Trust (Paperback)
I felt that 1-star would be too visceral as Brian O' Driscoll is one of the greatest rugby players to have ever graced the paddock. This book, however, would probably have served the world better if it had been processed into pulp and added to the paddock as fertilizer.

It is simplistic and self indulgent. It seems to be a book of "let me tell you about the time I...." type of stories.

4.0 out of 5 stars Two Good Books of a Champion, 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: Brian O'Driscoll: In BOD We Trust (Paperback)
Brian O'Driscoll is an Irish legend of Rugby.
Very unassuming and a great role model for young people
Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly good read, one for all rugby fans!, 28 May 2009
D. Edwards "Rugby Fan" (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brian O'Driscoll: In BOD We Trust (Paperback)
This book was an enjoyable read from start to finish for me. Brian O'Driscoll epitomises everything a modern professional player should be and this really comes across in the book. His attitude is spot on and at long last he's being rewarded with some silverware.
The new, paperback version includes an excellent update telling the story of Ireland's Six Nations triumph of 2009, and there's also a good section on the ill-fated Lions tour of 2005.
My only criticism is that there are perhaps too many match reports in there, but don't let that put you off; If you're a big fan of Ireland, Leinster or both, this book is a must-have!

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly written and researched, 22 Jan 2010
F. Cassidy - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brian O'Driscoll: In BOD We Trust (Paperback)
This is a poorly written book, with a vast amount of glaring factual errors. It is also stitched together in a rather unusual way especially the last chapter or two. Anyway after finishing this book, I was left with the impression that the author knew O'Driscoll only as well as me. He seemed to write about what he had heard in the media right the way through the book. I would have been much more interested in a book that gave us a little more insight into Brian O'Driscoll.

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of space, 27 Dec 2009
J. P. Nolan (Amsterdam, Netherlands) - See all my reviews
It is not that I expect sports bios to be shortlisted for the Booker Prize on a regular basis, but this one is a stinker! Not clear whether any greater research had been done than reading other peoples articles, nor that he knows one end of a rugby ball from the other. Doubtful whether author has ever met anyone from the Irish team let alone BoD and so it was never likely that any insights would be found here. This was bought as a stocking filler for Christmas. A mistake!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, great book!, 31 Aug 2009
C. Morrish "Chrissy" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brian O'Driscoll: In BOD We Trust (Paperback)
Brian O'Driscoll is the greatest outside centre in world rugby and his story is superbly told.
I thought there were a few too many match reports in parts but as a rugby fan, I really enjoyed re-living so many happy memories.
This book isn't for everyone, and the casual rugby fan might not appreciate it that much. However, if you love your rugby and want to know how one of the all-time greats goes about his business, this book is DEFINITELY for you!

2.0 out of 5 stars This is NOT a Biography of Brian O'Driscoll, 11 July 2009
A. Byrne "Irish Reviewer" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brian O'Driscoll: In BOD We Trust (Paperback)
Marcus Stead has not written Brian O'Driscoll's biography.

This is largely a series of match summaries, including some in which Brian didn't even play, with a few anecdotes about Brian, packaged under the misleading title of a biography.

Throughout the Book there is a sense that this was a rushed job, pushed through to capitalise on Brian's recent successes. There is very little of Brian's private life here.

As an admirer of O'Driscoll, I hope this book generates revenue for him. However, such a great sportsman and ambassador for Ireland deserves a higher standard of publication than this.

Hopefully a proper biography will be written about Brian in years to come. An autobiography would be interesting, perhaps after Brian retires from playing.

The rating here barely makes it to two stars, mainly redeemed by Stead's well worded match summaries.

Disappointing.

1.0 out of 5 stars pity bod didnt write this book, 3 Sep 2009
Gerry Meehan (Galway Ireland) - See all my reviews
Brian O Driscoll is one of my all time great Irish sportsmen, eventhough rugby is not my main sport. I believe he is a rare breed of animal in that he is a born winner.Last year was his crowning glory when he led Ireland to the grand slam and played brilliantly for Leinster on their way to winning the Heineken Cup.

However I was really disappointed with this book. It was poorly written and lacked any clear insight into Brian as a player and a man. I am not sure what input the man himself had in writing it but Mr. Steads account fell way short of my expectation.

Gerry Meehan.

Brian O'Driscoll: In BOD We Trust
Brian O'Driscoll: In BOD We Trust by Marcus Stead (Paperback - 4 May 2009)
Used & New from: 0.01