5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Testing - 'Keeps you on the Ball'.
This book is crammed full of testing sequences you must complete that involve taking a number and doing several things to it. With 3 sections (Beginners, Intermediate and Hard) you will never get bored of these little brain teasers. Excellent to keep your mind going and to keep yourself on the ball with maths. Just one a day is a benefit. Recommended to all.
Published on 22 Feb 2009 by S. Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Another 30 seconds?
Ordered this for my old man, the longest 30 seconds I have seen him suffer. He loved it though.

However the mental strain his face showed was alomost as painful as when I watched 'Another 48 Hours' with Eddie Murphy and Nick Nolte.
Published on 13 May 2009 by S. Donovan

3.0 out of 5 stars Another 30 seconds?, 13 May 2009
S. Donovan (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Testing - 'Keeps you on the Ball'., 22 Feb 2009
S. Jones - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 10 May 2014
This review is from: The "Daily Mail" 30 Second Challenge: v. 2 (Paperback)
I can feel the rusty cogwheels in my middle aged brain starting to turn when I do these, and then run faster and smoother - firing up bits of my cerebral cortex that I haven't used since maths O' level - odd how intensely pleasurable it is, and you get better and better with time as well. Real geeky fun

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as they are in the Daily Mail, 23 April 2014
This review is from: The "Daily Mail" 30 Second Challenge: v. 2 (Paperback)
I love the challenges but I was expecting them to be presented as they are in the Daily Mail, with one from each level together, and I think they are not as difficult as the ones in the newspaper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: The "Daily Mail" 30 Second Challenge: v. 2 (Paperback)
excellent little book for a bite size challenge for students. I've used it with students from 11 to 16 years, they all love it. The challenges are mercifully brief - the students can see how much further they have to go to complete and I've hardly every had a student give up. Also, they subtly introduce all the different terminologies for the same function - (multiply by 2, times 2, double etc). Brilliant activity for revising basic skills, for introducing new ones, for starting a maths lesson

4.0 out of 5 stars Brain teaser, 6 Feb 2012
Mr. N. C. Gravette (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The "Daily Mail" 30 Second Challenge: v. 2 (Paperback)
This is a very useful little book for keeping the brain cells active. The easy puzzles are fun because I can finish them without writing anything down. Often I need to jot figures down for the difficult puzzles.

4.0 out of 5 stars It really improved his maths, 28 Sep 2010
This review is from: The "Daily Mail" 30 Second Challenge: v. 2 (Paperback)
This was bought for my brother as he is struggling with maths at school. The problem was found to have been addition, subtraction, multiplication and division as well as some percentages.

After a few weeks of doing a couple a night there has been a great improvement, he is now doing them much faster. There is plenty of range of ability, some of the harder ones would stretch the mind of someone where maths is their forte.

The book contains a wide range of mental arithmetic which keeps anyone mind working. Although we used it for a teenager I think the book will work best for adults who want to keep their mind functioning efficiently. Overall a great purchase.

The "Daily Mail" 30 Second Challenge: v. 2
The "Daily Mail" 30 Second Challenge: v. 2 by Norman D Lock (Paperback - 1 Jun 2008)
Used & New from: 5.99