• Cass

Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 July 2011
Its written in a slightly confusing order but well written and kept me occupied on the sun bed on holiday, I will be reading his other books now as well so it must have been a good 'un
on 9 April 2001
When i started to read this book i thought Cass was going to be another thug who was just full of himself.But after reading it i had a slight admiration for him.I was one of the millions who thought football violence was a few yobs with to much drink.But this book opened my eyes to what really goes on.Every match was treat like a military operation right down to the last detail.Cass Pennant pulls no punches in this well written book which leaves nothing to the imagination.I was engrossed from start to finish.Having read several books on football violence i believe this is the only one you need to read.
on 25 January 2013
I have just finished reading Cas, I don't think I was expecting it to be as personal as it was. I was half expecting story's of various battles and how the ICF rocked the party but was pleasantly surprised. I have read quite a few of the original books about the culture like "football factory" "England away" "headhunters" "armed for the match". Being a Chelsea fan dare I say it !?! I fancied reading something about another firm and it ended up being this book I picked!! No regrets at all. Now looking to read " congratulations you have just met the ICF"
Hoping it will be as good
on 4 May 2014
A good read , especially about his troubled childhood , but although the ICF were undoubtedly an awesome mob in their heyday , it seems slightly far fetched that they never came off second best anywhere they went .

Enjoyed the chapters detailing the court cases he was involved in , and the behind the scenes politics post Heysel that himself and Andy Swallow were involved in .

In a nutshell , he's lived a charmed existence ........
on 14 March 2009
This was a great read on one of the main boys who was in and running the ICF back in the day. They were the famous hooligan firm from West Ham and still are today from all accounts in alot of books I have read. This is not your typical hooligan book it's a great insight to Cass him self there were some very interesting bits more so his link with Big Frank. This is well worth a read you would want Cass on your side if it come down to a toe to toe.
on 30 December 2010
Interesting book, giving an insight into Cass`s world. He certainly has done and seen a lot - not just a typical "football hooligan" as you might wrongly assume.

I enjoyed the book, but its probably not one id read time and time again. In fact, I think I prefered the film.

Still, id recommend it if you like this genre of book.
on 5 March 2015
Some interesting parts,he never had a good start in life, but then he had choices and choose the wrong ones. I thought he had found himself with the Jamaica links but not sure. " choc ice " was the phrase he used. Bully springs to mind too.
on 26 March 2001
an exceelent read.this book shows the reader how and why football holligans were part of the game in the seventies and eighties.it gives the reader the chance to feel how it was like to be a known "face" and to take on othere like minded fams of other teams. other faces such as jimmy "half plank" durcan, fred"bald monster" foxall and micky" fat plop" were in and around the same scene , but never had the brutal reputation of Cass..this is a must read for anyone looking to find out how london's east end produces some of the toughest and intimidating thugs..
on 6 February 2013
Brilliant read highly recommended so many pre judge cass and have already come to there own conclusions some have even labbeld him as scum but only through what they were fed through the press this book explores and shows the real cass
on 13 October 2009
I enjoyed this from the beg to end,as it was his life story and it was more than just a football book. Author of Diary of the Real Soul Crew and Diary of the Soul Crew "2" and 3 other books Annis Abraham Jnr.