5.0 out of 5 stars davina
what a gal lovely person besides her demons she came good is popular entertaining real trooper admire her for all she does
Published 2 months ago by lesley

3.0 out of 5 stars I love Davina but...
Published on 22 May 2006 by annaoj

3.0 out of 5 stars I love Davina but..., 22 May 2006
annaoj (Vienne, France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Being Davina (Hardcover)
I bought this book because I really enjoy watching Davina on TV and I think she's a wonderful woman. I haven't yet finished the book but felt I had to write a review because I don't think the author does her justice in his writing. Most of the book is taken up with comparisons to other celebrities and the author seems to go off on a tangent which is most frustrating. The parts about Davina are interesting and well researched but I feel there's a lack of flow in the book. I tend to keep books I enjoy reading, especially biographies/autobiographies but I will be swapping/selling this one as I don't think I would want to read it again... Maybe Davina should write her own book, I think it would be much better!

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing New about Davina, 4 Aug 2006
This review is from: Being Davina (Hardcover)
I am a huge fan of Davina and was looking very much looking forward to reading this book. However, I was hugely dissappointed. The book started off well with some good insight into Davina's turbulent past and relationship with herself and family but the book did not flow well at all. Most of Davina's quotes were extracted from interviews she has done in the past because when reading I keep thinking I have heard or read this quote before. Inbetween these quotes is felt like the book was being 'padded out' by the great detail of other celebrities or TV shows that connect to Davina. Most of the book I skimmed through. Maybe one day Davina will tell it how it was and is in her own words.... that would be great!

1.0 out of 5 stars Load of old twoddle, 1 Aug 2008
Mrs. L. K. Mackenzie (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Being Davina (Hardcover)
I'm a fan of Davina and was intrigued to know more, hence my purchase of this book. I REALLY shouldn't have bothered! I only got a third of the way through before it became so annoying to read that it's had to go in the 'Charity Shop' pile without completion.

The book could have been put together by just about anyone with an internet connection, I say 'put together' as there is no writing skill involved here. This biography consists of a pile of readily available facts and quotes from Davina strung together with a huge amount of padding and conjecture. It seems on every page that the 'Author' feels the need to write mini biography paragraphs for people completely unconnected to Davina... Simon Dee from radio Caroline??? The only connection between the two is that they are in the media, why the hell does he get a mention? Here's a typical entry (from memory as I can't bare to open the book again!) 'Davina went to school with Nigella Lawson, they were 'probably' friends. Nigella Lawson began her career in 1980 BLAH BLAH BLAH' so we then get a page on Nigella Lawson despite the fact that her and Davina only 'may' have been friends. This book is an annoying load of rubbish and you would glean far more information about Davina in a few google searches and an hour or two on You Tube. Do not waste your money on this tosh!

1.0 out of 5 stars Review, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: Being Davina (Hardcover)
I was going to buy the book, but on reading the reviews, I won't. I am not sure how anyone can write a book about a person. I will wait until Davina writes her own autobiography and then buy it because then it will be a true account about her.

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT Being Davina or Anyone but Davina, 16 Sep 2007
This review is from: Being Davina (Paperback)
I was very dissapointed in this book and agree 100% with other reviewers who stated that this book has very little about Davina herself. The title is very misleading and to help others I have suggested a couple of titles that would be rather more fitting.

1.0 out of 5 stars i'd have selected 0 stars if it was an option, 1 Aug 2007
This review is from: Being Davina (Paperback)
As a reader of biographies and autobiographies and a bit of a fan of Davina's, I was looking forward to this read. However after ploughing my way through the book I have to say that I am totally disappointed and of the over 100 biographies I've read this definitely comes in the top 5 worst. If you don't already know and would like to know the winners and the odd interesting housemate of big brother then this is the book for you, anything regarding Davina herself can be found in any magazine interview she's ever done. Considering she's had a rather colourful life and is rather outspoken about her past, the contents of the book relating to her could be summed up in about 10 pages, so I'm afraid I have to agree with others and hope that she brings out her own autobiography to find out about the true Davina.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 15 July 2014
Don't bother.

5.0 out of 5 stars davina, 30 May 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars good read, 26 Sep 2013
This review is from: Being Davina (Hardcover)
This book isn't written by Davina but still the writer manages to capture It like she has written it, good read and I enjoyed ;earning a lot about her

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 24 Sep 2013
This review is from: Being Davina (Kindle Edition)
Fab book. Always have and still do love davina . Nice to read the other side to her and her life.

Being Davina
Being Davina by Nigel Goodall (Paperback - 31 May 2007)
Used & New from: 0.01