Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 March 2013
There is a very good selection of different squares. The instructions are clear and the diagrams very helpful. Her use of colour is excellent and makes this a great book to browse for interesting combinations. I shall be using this book often.
on 11 June 2013
Very well illustrated and easy to understand instructions. Great value for money. I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in learning how to crochet squares.
on 22 October 2013
I really like this book, it is full of patterns and ideas and I am looking forward to using them. The book is very colourful and makes you want to get started right away! Also there are lots of tips for embellishing, and making blocks that are not strictly granny. I think it is great value for money and lovely to look through and make plans of what I could do. It deserves the high rating it has been given so far.

The only reason I have not given the book five stars is that if I were using the book to learn crochet from I would find it difficult, because I am left handed. All the diagrams show the hook on the right! Also, we lefties crochet in the opposite direction. It is not the only book I have seen that does not really cater for lefties and to be honest we can get the information we need from the internet. But it would be nice to see more guidance included in the books we buy.
on 20 June 2014
I find this book very useful although I already have several crochet books with granny squares. The concept of the book is very good, each motif has several (two or three) variants, shown with easy to read / understand diagrams. It is also very useful that the sizes of all granny squares are the same, so it is possible to combine different patterns in one item, e.g. bag, pillow, blanket, etc.
I recommend this book to all enthusiastis crocheters.
on 29 December 2013
Excellent starting point for anyone wanting to learn to crochet, but also some more advanced stuff for those who are more experienced. Highly recommend this book.
on 16 May 2013
I would recommend this book for anyone who likes making granny squares, afghans etc. It is suitable for intermediate skills but having said that, there is no reason why a confident beginner could not learn to master the steps involved as they are all explained.

The variety is lovely and the instructions are good.

I'm having great fun with this book!
on 15 February 2013
Leonie Morgan`s eye for colour is truly amazing! This is an inspirational book with beautiful and vibrant designs on every page. There's plenty of choice for all ages and abilities. Love it!
on 15 February 2013
Of all the crochet books I have, this is the most colourful and cheerful! Designs and colours to brighten your day, and to send you straight for your crochet hook!
on 19 April 2013
I am so enthralled with this book. There are so many I want to do. I have tried several and haven't been disappointed once. The instructions are quite easy to follow. I would like to say it will keep me quiet for a long time but no, there are too many oooos and aarrrrs
I have been knitting for over 40 years (I started VERY young) and took up crochet about 2 years ago but vehemently avoided granny squares. The very name instills fear and embarassment to many who admit to the art of crochet. But you can now forget all about that. This book contains lots of colourful, pretty, artistic, modern and fashionable, yes fashionable squares. Squares are a good way of creating something big and beautiful without getting daunted by a large project and this book will really get your fingers twitching.

The pre-amble is also one of the best I have come across in a craft book. Easy to follow instructions of stitches and techniques for beginners and a very useful section on use of colour and co-ordinating colours and designing your own projects.

Excellent!