5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for using up smaller pieces of fabric
As someone who tends to buy fabric in small lengths (fat quarters or half metres) I was very excited when I saw this book was coming out. I'm always on the lookout for projects to make with small amounts of fabric and this book has 26 different projects in it which use either fat quarters or half metres.

The projects are a mix between things for your home like...
Published 20 months ago by Sewing Directory

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks lovely, a bit short on details
Published 19 months ago by Mistlegigg

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for using up smaller pieces of fabric, 26 Sept. 2013
Sewing Directory (Devon) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Half Yard Heaven: Easy Sewing Projects Using Left-Over Pieces of Fabric (Paperback)

The projects are a mix between things for your home like a tea cosy, pan holder and peg bag, things to wear such as slippers, children's apron and rosette head band to useful things like a craft caddy, glasses case, tote bag and table mat.

There are big bright photos for every stage of the sewing process, making it easy to follow. There are also step by step written instructions plus useful tips scattered throughout the book. What's clever is there are no templates in the book, instead Debbie tells you how to create the templates yourself using common household objects like plates or lids. This means no faffing around with photocopiers trying to enlarge templates (yay!).

This book is ideal if you have lots of smaller pieces of fabric you want to use up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Half Yard Heaven, 9 Oct. 2013
Mrs. Valerie Shepley (Bridlington, East Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This book is smashing. It is full of really useful things to make, presented in such a clear way that they are easy to make. So glad I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely projects, 12 Oct. 2013
Very useful and informative book with numerous projects all very clearly explained for beginners through to the more experienced sewer

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks lovely, a bit short on details, 26 Oct. 2013
Lots of things I wanted to make in this one, the photos on Search Inside were great for helping me make my choice. I've made the Craft caddy for my mum's birthday, and found that more detail was needed in the written instructions. The photos are nice and clear, but for instance, the pockets are made with a little pleat in the centre of each piece of fabric. It would have been good to know that by the time you've sewn the side seams together, the pleat that you carefully placed in the middle of the pocket will actually be a good centimetre to the left because you've used up some of the fabric sewing the seam. Perhaps I should have been able to predict this, but I have only been sewing for a couple of years and I simply followed the instructions.
So it's a bit ambiguous in places, but I'm still going to make some of the other items- just with my notes written all over it as I go so I won't make mistakes again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good way to get back into sewing or start completely new, 18 Mar. 2014
Mad Gardener 1 (Newbury, Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This book is a good one for complete begginers or people who have had a break for a few years & now gone back to it like me.
I have always loved sewing & used to make my own clothes, handbags, cuddly toys etc.
For a few years material became so expensive as haberdashery shops shut down, it didn't seem much point.
Now with the resurgence of all things homemade there are a lot more internet companies, also shops on the high street selling material at more reasonable prices. So here we go again!

5.0 out of 5 stars great book love it, 24 Oct. 2013
Got quite a few of Debbie's books love this one its so easy to follow , great for first time sewers as well as accomplished sewers a all round great book for anyone .

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fantastic, 21 Sept. 2013
I have waited for this book on waitlist for months and I finally got it today. I can only say this........LOVE IT. Its so clear to understand with fab pictures if all Debbies future books are like this then I will be buying them all.

5.0 out of 5 stars great little book, 23 Sept. 2013
I came upon this by chance - it is a great little book, very handy for those odd little bits of fabric and easy to follow. Good projects to make. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Ideas, Colourful and Informative. No half Measures!, 14 May 2015
Glenn Cook (South Cave, near Hull UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
You can see why this book is the number one seller as soon as you open it.
bright colorful illustrations and great projects.

There literally is somthing for everyone to do.

If you know the term Half Yard then this book will be the book to get.

It has clear and easy directions and is easy to follow.

For example both the shapes and sizes of owls are given along with the feet..

There are options given so that your finished item is personal and unique.

It has good ideas to use everyday items to create templates for the projects. (For example using plates for the body of chickens and the like.

My wife attends a sewing club and this is THE book they all seem to rate.
Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars half yard of heaven, 10 Oct. 2013
Great book lovely pictures easy diagrams love Debbie Shore books very easy to follow instructions ideal for all those left over pieces of fabric we all have stashed away. Looking forward to making the chicken doorstop.

Half Yard Heaven: Easy Sewing Projects Using Left-Over Pieces of Fabric