Format: Paperback|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 September 2014
I did not like parts of this book. It does have good tips for the beginner and examples, colour mixing, etc. But I disliked the mix of the different styles of the 3 authors, and one who uses garish colours, I disliked. The style to me was unclear and unnatural. I have other books which are not like this and I prefer those (so am contemplating returning this one). It was my mistake, I thought the book was entirely by Margaret Evans, and I did not realise until I received it, that it is by 3 authors.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 20 November 2012
Always wanted to learn pastel painting? Here's the book for you. See the approach of three different artists and learn from each. Get straight into the basics with Peter Coombs. Use a limited palette to complete a finished step by step painting. Then have a go at a landscape, river or moonlit scene. Paul Hardy introduces more serene landscapes in pastel, including valleys, trees and water, autumn, a seascape and townscape. Margaret Evans looks at portraying flowers in pastel. Each artist includes techniques and information. There are 13 demonstrations in all and over 250 step by step clear photographs supported by galleries of finished paintings. This is useful for beginners upwards. This book has material published previously in four other books. This review first appeared on yarnsandfabrics website.
on 6 June 2015
This is a lovely book. I am new to pastel painting. I have leant so much with book and watching her video on my computer.Thank you so much. I would recommend this book to everyone.
on 29 September 2014
Goof introduction to pastel painting with some good exercises. Could benefit from a little more detail about techniques
on 31 July 2015
A very good and instructional book it helped me in my pastel painting and I have learnt a lot from it
on 12 December 2015
Excellent book for the beginner to pastel painting.In addition to the techniques it demonstrates the different style of the contributors.
on 28 February 2015
wonderfull just what Iwanted ,came on time as new many thanks
on 13 February 2016
Bought as a gift - recipient liked it.
on 19 August 2014