Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 April 2014
when l got this as christmas gift l was so happy because lt meant l didn't have to struggle on the internet to look for different types of granny sqaures it is very easy to read the patterns. Already made a lot and made into a bag and a granny square baby blanket. l posted some of them on google+ page called crochet world.
on 14 March 2014
The blurb on the back of this book starts... "Want to learn to crochet? Make a granny square...."

Well that's exactly what I wanted to do. Inside there are 20 ways to make a granny square but if you don't know how to crochet you won't learn from this book. There are no instructions to tell you how to do the stitches.

Very disappointed, I had got yarn and hooks waiting for the book to arrive but needed to find another way to learn to crochet.

Today I bought a Craftsy Workhop called Crochet Lab. It cost me £6 in their sale. Exceptional value. This morning I learned to chain, single crochet and double crochet. Later in the workshop there are patterns for several projects including granny squares.

Don't waste your money on this book if you want to learn to crochet, it doesn't tell you how to, there are free lessons on the Internet and great resources like the workshop I mentioned.
VINE VOICEon 29 April 2013
I love these little books, they are loaded with 20 lovely designs and another 20 suggestions on the same theme.
These granny squares are delightful and are fun to make. An ideal way to use up scraps of yarn that would normally accumulate in a plastic bag at the bottom of your yarn stash.
These can be used to make a wonderful blanket or just a little coaster.
There are also circular squares (huh?) to make too! Well they all come under the same category.
This little book is well laid out with lovely colour pictures of the project and alternative with clear instructions and the tool required and sort of yarn needed. They maybe a little challenging if you are a complete beginner and I think a knowledge of some of the stitches is needed before attempting any of these as the instructions are not step by step.
All in all a sweet little book with some valuable patterns.
Recommended
on 3 September 2015
I’ve been crocheting since the 1960’s and to be honest, have got stale. This little book is just what I wanted. It has simple patterns, easy to follow instructions and mixes stitches I would never have put together in squares. HOWEVER. I wouldn’t recommend it to beginners because it has no basic tutorial. Before starting on these squares you need to be grounded in the basics… chain, double, trebles, slip st etc and understand how to follow a pattern. There are some excellent tutorials on learning to crochet on Youtube and it won’t take you long to get the basics and then you will be well away with this book
on 21 June 2014
Great little book for beginners or more advanced crocheters looking for designs to inspire larger pieces. Simply laid out with both UK and US crocheting terms.
on 5 January 2014
This is a small book with lovely crochet projects. I love the pictures and the patterns inside, there is just one small problem with this: it doesn't teach how to do the stitches needed for the granny squares. Since I am a beginner I had to use other sources such Youtube to understand how to do basic stitches and how they are called. The book does offer in the beginning explanation on how to read patterns in US and UK English because there are different terms and this is quite useful.

Once you got these basic notions the patterns are easy to follow and doing these projects is a delight. It is just missing that initial part that explains how to do basic stitches, so for the most experienced this is a fine little book. :)
on 13 March 2013
GOOD FOR BEGINNERS. I REALLY LOVED THIS BOOK, ITS FULL COLOUR AND INSTRUCTIONS ARE EASY TO UNDERSTAND.I RECOMEND THIS BOOK
on 20 April 2013
Everyone who loves crochet will be excited as I was when I saw it online, and could not resist buying it. It lived up to the publication and small and handy to carry around in your craft bag no matter where you go. Beginners once you get the basic steps you will be hooked on crochet for life. You can make up your own designs and choose your own colours to mix and match. Happy crafty with this colourful book.
on 16 April 2014
Well, what can I say? There are some very lovely and different squares to crochet and I have done a couple but I am not very good at crochet so will have to be patient. My intention is to make a throw from all the different types of squares. It's a case of watch this space I think. Would have given 5 stars but some of the photos are not as informative as they might be (my fault I think).
on 6 March 2013
This book is so easy to follow and has so many very good ideas and options brilliant. a very good buy.