Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 February 2014
I absolutely loved it. Inspirational, innovative, stunning demonstrations. Glyn has a no nonsense approach to painting. He is able to convey space, movement and above all colour. For anyone starting out painting in acrylics this book is a must, covering materials, subject matter and techniques.
on 2 January 2014
This book is by an extremely accomplished artist and is exactly what I wanted to extend my repertoire into new mediums.
I chose this book due to the quality of the authors paintings and was not diappointed.
A little late in delivery but well worth waiting for.
on 26 November 2013
I've admired Glyn Macey's work for some time and am really enjoying this book. It includes demonstrations on his techniques and is a truly marvellous read. Would recommend it to anyone who wants to try to develop a new style and get out of their comfort zone.
on 25 May 2016
I find this book inspiring and one to return to again and again. There is a lot enthusiastically packed in to those 144 pages, there are useful tips and techniques to try first. Then a chapter called Getting Started that explains the importance of going to the location, absorbing the atmosphere, sketching and making colour studies, ah all music to my ears! There are 9 step by step demonstrations to practice the techniques in a painting. The early ones don't involve complicated drawing skills and use a fairly limited palette so should be suitable for most most readers.
In Glyn's words 'What I would really love for you to do is to find your own subjects and having fun with the creative process' That's creativity unleashed!
on 19 April 2013
I just love this book.The illustrations are beautiful and the energy behind the painting is very refreshing to me. All very positive, makes me feel happy.The exercises are nice.
on 31 October 2013
Good way of presenting different ideas in painting. Clear and accurate illustrations and generous explanations of techniques. best to adapt skills to our own styles.
on 18 June 2014
This is a brilliant book, clear concise and really helpful. I love his work, and the chattiness of the writing, not at all snobby, my sort of artist !
on 5 December 2013
I bought this book to go with Glyn's other book Glyn Macey's Cornwall. AMAZING inspirational paintings - love it!!! Really recommend it!
on 1 April 2013
Step by step Glyn clearly demonstrates how to create a series of interesting and varied paintings in an accessible manner.
on 5 November 2013
This is a really fabulous book, it is inspirational and gives good guidance as well. More books like this please!