Format: Flexibound|Change

VINE VOICEon 27 March 2014
This is an excellent book - a really good buy and addition to my bookshelf. The illustrations are extremely good with lots of helpful tips and ideas and advice on what type of metals to use which, to someone like me who has never used metals before, is really useful. If you have looked at the metals available you will probably have been completely confused about thickness and what your sewing machine will be happy with. Well, this book has helped me enormously and not just with metals. There are loads of good ideas and unlike some books I have bought which has been a bit disappointing, this one I would be happy to recommend to anyone interested in mixed media textile.
on 8 June 2014
Clear & comprehensive instructions, with many techniques & variations. You will find yourself browsing with pleasure but then mentally storing away some procedure to use or adapt later. The gorgeous photography adds to the browsing pleasure & adds to the accessibility. Truly recommended.
on 26 May 2014
As I work in both textiles and precious metals I appreciated the ideas in this book that encouraged me to mix the two. Well written by a first class tutor (I have personal experience of one of her workshops). Hours, nay days of experiments spring to mind.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 10 June 2014
This book is part of the Textile Artist series. Inside you'll find out how to use mixed media textile techniques to create stunning work. There are seven projects which demonstrate the techniques in a how-to style with equipment lists and clear instructions. I like the fact that the author gives the reader a challenge for extending the original idea and to move off at a tangent. She talks about her approach to developing work. The materials used are metal, fabric, fibre and thread, paper and card as well as digital printing processes. Discover how to create unique surfaces. Lots of new ideas here and easy to use techniques. Excellent photography throughout with many close-up images.
VINE VOICEon 14 January 2015
For anyone wishing to explore the world of working with mixed media, this book is a must. The illustrations are superb and inspirational. Advice, tips and suggestions on the use of the various types of materials are well thought out and explained, preventing the novice making avoidable and expensive mistakes. The various stages of the projects are clearly defined. I was also impressed by the index and the back of the book which, unlike most indexes in most books which merely provide an alphabetical list of the content, in this book gives references to materials and tools used throughout the individual projects. I really like this book.
on 13 March 2014
Beautiful book - one of those you have to read cover to cover at bedtime...very inspirational - can recommend to anyone in a creative environment.
on 6 June 2014
Full of ideas, clear instruction and great photographs. I will dip into this book again and again. A good buy.
on 13 January 2015
Another book I've wanted for some time. This is so inspiring, just like the lady herself! I met her when she ran an Art and Craft gallery with a lovely cafe and studios for learning various techniques.
I'm sure this book is worth every penny, certainly to me and many others.
on 6 March 2014
Love this book and it has given me lots of ideas for the present piece of textile art I am working on.
on 12 May 2014
Something that I have been waiting for for a long time. It is a very inspirational book and again has lots of ideas for my textile workshops.