Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 January 2013
I bought this book as I had seen a few Carole Massey T.V. programmes and had liked her style and admired her work. I have to say that I was a little bit let down as the entire book read a bit like "Here's what I have done" whereas I wanted "Here is a step by step of how I did what I did". Expectations too high on my half maybe? Okay I'll take that, so for anyone who is looking for what I was looking for then this is probably not the book for you. Anyone else could basically look at her web site to look at her work as it's all there.
on 21 November 2012
Carole Massey's book is easy to understand even for a beginner and the description for how to acheive a likeness using a triangular diagram was brilliant. Lots of different faces from around the world young and old has helped me tremendously with my new hobby.
on 14 May 2015
I love this book!! I borrowed it from the library and liked it so much I bought my own, I couldn't bear to give the original back! Its very clear and easy to follow and following it's advice I improved my drawing pretty quickly. Its excellent.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 2 July 2012
I really like this book, far better than others I have seen on drawing portraits. Carole seems to cover everything in this easy to use, easy to follow book. I am sure this will improve my portrait drawing and it could do the same for you. It takes you through everything you need to know and also gives detailed step-by-step instructions. It takes you through drawing from photos, sketching, life drawing and more. Facial features, character and pose are all covered. I thought the best element (they're all good) was the structure of the face. Portraiture is not easy to excel at, but this is a brilliant guide that I would be happy to recommend to anyone. This review first appeared on yarnsandfabrics website.
on 9 December 2012
I have been privileged to watch Carole Massey at work so it was no surprise to note the quality of guidance in this book,'Drawing Masterclass:Portraits'.
Carole is a facilitator; a gifted teacher and a very fine artist. We in her class were mesmerised by the deftness of her work, and I am no less impressed by the quality of this invaluable guide to portraiture. I was agreeably surprised by the size of the book and by its structure and detail.
I have no hesitation in recommending this volume to anyone who is remotely interested in the art of portraiture.
on 26 May 2013
It is a lovely book. Informative and helpful. I would gladly recommend this book to beginners or those with more experience.
on 6 March 2016
Well written, useful book.
on 4 May 2016
Very informative
on 6 December 2013
Some useful information and techniques. Worth a look if you are thinking of drawing or painting portraits. Proportions guide is useful.