Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 December 2011
I was looking for some patterns to make some Christmassy gifts and this little book is perfect. I have made the robin three times , people keep taking them! I have also made the snowman,reindeer, french hen and the owl. They are easy and fun to do and turn out very well. Thoroughly recommended
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 16 July 2011
Part of the Twenty to Make series, this little book contains ideas for the Christmas season. Of the twenty designs, 18 are knitted using 4 ply yarn. You only need small amounts so raid the bargain bins at your local yarn shop, or check out charity shops or swaps on forums. Most of the designs are very desirable and fun to make. They range from around 5-10cm (2-4 inch) tall so take little time to knit. There are the usual Christmas characters - snowmen, reindeer, angels in cute designs plus mittens and so on for the Christmas tree and Nordic style bunting for the mantelpiece. This review first appeared on Karen Platt's book review website.
on 30 August 2011
A lovely book with lots of choices for christmas items . Good instructions for knitters of all levels to follow with nice clear pictures of each item.
on 30 November 2011
20 great designs. including tiny mittens and jumpers that could be adapted for other things. Easy to knit, just check the abbreviations as some of them are not standard.
on 1 December 2013
I usually hate 'cute' but this book has twenty nice little pretty things to knit that just invite you to get started.
Lovely illustrations, clear instructions and suggestions, and small enough to put in a (fairly big) stocking to give you a head start for next year. I have bought it as a present, but want my own copy now!
on 20 October 2011
well illustrated book and easy knitting for all ages.
easy to follow patterns and cute items that children will love
on 16 November 2011
I'm really looking forward to knitting the little projects. I'm imagining hanging some on the christmas tree. And making some for family members. It is well written and illistrated with great photos. I'd recommend this book.
on 8 July 2011
I love this book. It has excellent coloured photos and the projects are simply wonderful. A traditional picture as well as a different coloured option is shown for each project. This book is a delight to own - Thank you.
on 19 November 2015
Some little gems in this book, especially the pudding. My advice: use good quality wool, preferably good 4-ply, not too hairy unless you're doing the fairy mice. Don't use cotton, it's not flexible enough for the small figures. Also try adding beading embellishments. Great fun, great gifts, great decorations.
on 25 August 2011
I didn't know quite what to expect when I ordered this book, but I love little crafty decorations and toys and am really pleased with it.

I haven't tried any of the patterns yet, but have looked at them in detail.......some might be a bit tricky, but I look forward to trying them out.

Sadly not all the yarn will be available from my stash, but I expect I can find suitable substitutes and therefore give this book full marks!