Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 September 2015
The patterns are lovely little knitted items but with somewhat basic making up instructions, would have been better with more detail. Also I bought the Kindle edition and found that the knitting Abbreviations page is out of alignment so for instance you look up SSK and get the instructions for p2tog which I frustrating but for new knitting it will be very confusing.
on 9 February 2014
This book is really invaluable for anyone who loves knitting soft toys. I have been knitting toys since I was a child and the pattern for heads and bodies in this book is the simplest and most elegant I have ever used. Most of the toys are ideal size for hanging on a tree. I made a load of the little snowmen for my son's bring and buy sale before Christmas.
on 25 October 2012
Been having great fun knitting hearts for friends and family. I have 9 grandchildren who are all going to get a heart, I have knitted about 15 altogether in various colours. The patterns are easily explained and quick to do. I have also knitted a star and 3 Christmas stockings, all easy to do for a novice knitter.
Jennie
on 23 April 2013
I've only knitted one of these so far, the little heart and it was easy enough to follow. Each needs small amounts of wool and as I've only just started knitting again after quite some time I have no oddments/leftovers yet! Another reviewer suggested charity shop search and I will try that, but even so, I am very happy overall with the book.
on 28 April 2013
I bought this to do some knitting for some fundraising I am doing. The designs are delightful and cover a variety of designs such as trees, hearts, snowmen and owls. Each design has an alternative colourway. I found some of the designs a little complex for what they were. For example the mini jumper tree decoration had four parts to it.
on 17 December 2014
Great little book. Made the snowman and the reindeer - the patterns are easy to follow and the finished items have a lot of character.
I love Sue Stratford's patterns anyway so this is a lovely addition to my collection. Fun, full of personality and well written. Very pleased with this lovely little book - completely reccommend.
on 22 October 2014
Are very nice books but are for very experienced knitters, there's was a techinque I had no idea about so asked my nan and great aunt and neither did they and they knit clothes and all sorts over the many years they have been knitting!
but the products produced do look like the pictures when you eventually get there.
on 24 November 2013
Some non-standard abbreviations which make take a bit of getting used to. I've found it difficult to get oddments of 4 ply yarn so will make up in DK. Won't be as cute as will be bigger, but it's that or nothing! Looking forward to having a go and putting these on the table at Christmas for personalised place markers.
on 18 October 2013
looks good,but haven't used it yet as have had difficuty sorting out definitions of abbreviations.On left of page are abbreviations,but they don't line up with definitions.Most are self explanatory,but a few are difficult to sort out for a novice like me.I shall have a go at them though,as they look very cute.
on 31 January 2013
This is a lovely little book with cute novelty knits. The instructions are easy to follow for all levels of knitters. Some of the patterns are knit in 4 ply wool, but I used double knit and they turned out fine. I made quite a few for stocking fillers and they were loved by the recepients.