5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book
Published on 18 April 2012 by Avid reader

3.0 out of 5 stars Art book.
Don't know what everyone is raving about . I was disappointed - its just not my style. Would not recommend to anyone.
Published 11 months ago by A J Waite

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 18 April 2012
This review is from: Vibrant Acrylics (Paperback)
I new what to expect when I pre-ordered Vibrant Acrylics as I have attended many of Hash's workshops but when it came I was supprised how different it was to other artists books. I am used to seeing the vibrancy of his work and his beautiful brush strokes so was thrilled to see in his book how easy it was to follow. I had completed two of the tuition excersise in the first weekend using his tecnique and my photos. What I also liked was that there were swatches for the ground colour. Can't wait for the next book!!

5.0 out of 5 stars vibrant acrylics by Hashim akib, 20 April 2012
Mrs. Bm Cumming "Gweddus" (Wales UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vibrant Acrylics (Paperback)
what a fantastic book. Excellent value and so refreshing to see pictures of used brushes and palettes instead of squeaky clean ones. Hashim talks as if you are a friend and the book is full of inspiring pictures and ideas.
Highly recommended, whether you are a beginner or an experienced artist. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book from a talented artist, 20 Feb 2013
This review is from: Vibrant Acrylics (Paperback)
I had been waiting for this book from Hashim after seeing him demonstrate his methods at the SAA art day in Islington 2011. I was mesmerised at the way mere strokes suddenly become 3D images using imaginative and bold colours. Having read it several times now it has really helped me understand how and why tonal values are far more important than detail in the initial stages and my own art is improving as a result of this. It really makes you think in a different way and Hashim holds your hand through the various projects. Well worth the purchas if you want to improve. Whilst he uses acrylics it works for oils too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 12 Feb 2013
This review is from: Vibrant Acrylics (Paperback)
Excellent book, the paintings are vibrant and exciting. If you want to "free up" your painting this is the book to buy.
If you're a beginner wanting to give acrylic a try the instructions are clear and easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 11 April 2012
This review is from: Vibrant Acrylics (Paperback)
I recieved this book last week and I haven't put it down. It's filled with beautiful and stunning paintings, with informative step by step exercises on a diverse range of subjects from a cat, portrait, street scene and landscape. My favourite project is to paint a rose in 50 brush strokes. I've bought a few books on acrylics in the past which tend to be diluted like watercolour and in this book I love the use of thick, juicy layers of paint and wide brushes.

4.0 out of 5 stars in your face, 18 April 2012
K. Platt "blackplantlady" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Vibrant Acrylics (Paperback)
This book is certainly vibrant. The energetic paintings show some of the possibilities for creating art with acrylics. I like the portraits best, but there are busy city scenes, landscapes and animals. Some demonstrations show the techniques. You might be surprised by the size of the brush (not as big as the ones Rolf Harris used to use for his TV demos (that dates me!) and by how much paint Hashim loads onto his brush - but it works, so give it a go. This book is as full on as the paintings themselves. This review first appeared on yarnsandfabrics website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Making the most of acrylics, 11 April 2012
Colours and Cats (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vibrant Acrylics (Paperback)
I'd been waiting a while for this book to be published and was delighted when it popped through my letterbox. Hashim Akib's work is vibrant and full of life and his approach to acrylics is just what I was looking for.
All the basics are included such as choice of paints, brushstrokes, composition etc but it isn't a plain old 'how to' book - it's much more than that. His enthusiasm for his art shines through as his demos display how to create paintings full of life and colour. The assorted demos range from animals to abstract, landscapes to crowds with lots of lovely colour photos and easy to understand instructions. As the previous review states, this is a book about juicy,thick acrylics and not about pretending they are oils or watercolours - let's hear it for acrylics!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book, 12 April 2012
This review is from: Vibrant Acrylics (Paperback)
When I pre-ordered this book I knew basically what to expect as I have seen Hashim's work on line, but when it arrived I was totally awestruck by the beauty of the pictures; they are so vivid and alive that they bounce out of the book. Reading through it was such a pleasure, it is easy to understand and not filled full of 'art-talk' that means nothing to the ordinary artist on the street. I cant wait to start some of the exercises and see where it takes my own style of painting. Well worth having a copy even if its just for your coffee table.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vibrant acrylics, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: Vibrant Acrylics (Paperback)
I have found this book very helpful when using acrylics. It has a very user friendly down to earth approach to painting and the hints given are useful, innovative and thought provoking. It takes away a lot of the fear encountered when faced with a blank canvas.

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely brilliant, 18 Aug 2012
This review is from: Vibrant Acrylics (Paperback)
This is a totally original way of painting with acrylics. The colours in Hashim's work really "sing". I have attended two of his workshops and this book takes me further with his technique. If you want to produce paintings that are really sensational then buy this book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Vibrant Acrylics
Vibrant Acrylics by Hashim Akib (Paperback - 11 April 2012)
10.49