5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book
Very, very impressed with this book as it is so up-to-date with todays machines, now I can get to grips with all the feet sitting nice & neatly in the storage box of my new sewing machine, can't wait to get playing and see what results I get, I can honestly say you will never regret buying this book and for such a bargain price I shall order another for my daughters and...
Published on 19 Jan. 2012 by E. M. M. Cartwright

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful book
This is a useful book to supplement your machine manual and keep at hand when choosing the best foot for the job. Nice clear photos of the feet to help you identify types. Only thing is it totally ignores Bernina machines, which is a shame as these are brilliant and widely held to be the crime de la crime of sewing machines. Some reference to older machines would have...
Published 12 months ago by V. Haffenden

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A comprehensive guide for things you never knew existed - and now can't wait to get your hands on!, 16 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Sewing Machine Accessory Bible (Paperback)
If you are new to sewing machines or (like me) have used one for years but have never gone beyond using the feet supplied with your machine - and then not all of them, then this book is really worth investing in. It's a comprehensive review of many of the feet which, when added to your machine, will allow you to do all kinds of clever stuff. The authors have tried to be as generic as possible and include Janome; Husqvarna and Brother accessories.

Don't let this put you off if you do not have these brands of machine, I bought this book for two of my daughters (sewing machine novices), one has a Toyota and the other has a Silver and both have found it informative and useful as they never knew such feet existed.

Other topics include: Anatomy of a sewing machine (basic kit); basic feet - the ones which tend to come with your machine; speciality fabric and technique feet; pretty edges; fancy stitching and, to round it all off, a buyers guide if you are thinking of buying a new machine. This covers basic machines and also top end machines and overlockers.

There is also a trouble shooting guide and glossary of terms.

Reader, I commend this book to the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sewing Machine Accessory Bible, 11 Aug. 2011
Moose (Cornwall uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sewing Machine Accessory Bible (Paperback)
This book is a real bonus to anyone who uses a sewing machine. It clearly shows lots of accessories (feet) that are available, and how to use them to expand your sewing skills. For a beginner it will give you the confidence to try new things and for the more experienced person it will encourage you to push yourself even further!
I keep mine with my machine, and refer to it often. Some sewing machine feet can be quite expensive and its a waste to have them and not know how to use them. This book illustrates clearly what goes where and what you can do with it!
I would recomend this to anyone who wants to do more than just stitch in a straight line!

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy book to remind you what that bit of metal is for, 31 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Sewing Machine Accessory Bible (Paperback)
Bought this as I have come back to sewing after a decade and was out of touch with the accessories now available. I will be using this book regularly as it shows you how to use the attachments correctly to get the best results. Buy this if like me you are self taught and brushing up on your sewing techniques.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended book, 12 April 2013
This review is from: The Sewing Machine Accessory Bible (Paperback)
I bought this book after reading the favourable reviews and I am very glad I did. Although I have been sewing for about 50 years and have a relatively sophisticated machine (Husqvarna Lily 550) I felt I wanted to know more and this book with its clear text and excellent pictures is extremely helpful-I have learnt a lot already! I have also ordered several new machine feet,from Amazon of course! I think it will improve and simplify my sewing techniques -I highly recommend it for both beginners and those more expert.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 9 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Sewing Machine Accessory Bible (Paperback)
The perfect companion for your sewing machine. It's very detailed with super clear photographs of the feet, also shows what can be achieved using them! Covering all types of machines with something for beginners and experienced sewers alike. Lots of tips including what to look for in a machine and instructions on how to achieve the desired affect.

Once you open it, you will keep it next to your machine all the time. A must have! Congratulations to Wendy Gardiner and Lorna Knight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 3 Jan. 2013
GM Harlow (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Sewing Machine Accessory Bible (Paperback)
If, like me, you have a collection of various sewing machine feet, it is really useful to have this book. It identifies what each foot can do, sometimes more than one function, and how it actually works. It even mentions some of the traditional feet like rufflers. I still have my grandmother's version of a ruffler, and I am sure lots of other people must have these too. The modern ones work in just the same way!

5.0 out of 5 stars Indespensable for any keen amateur home sewer/quilter, 22 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Sewing Machine Accessory Bible (Paperback)
I bought this product after reading the reviews of other Amazon customers who had also ordered the 15 piece pressure foot kit.
I was so impressed with it, I bought a copy for my friend who has just invested in a new Janome 3/4 size machine, which she intends to carry back and forth to quilting classes. She was also delighted and I would recommend this book to anyone who has ever wanted to progress beyond straight stitch. The format is clear and extremely practical as are all the little tips. Since Having this, I've successfully made button holes for the first time. Sewn a blind hem and tried applique. A real gem of a book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Sewing machine Accessory bible, 13 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Sewing Machine Accessory Bible (Paperback)
Tee so easy his book is worth its weight in gold. It is so easy to follow and has been so easy to find the relevant information required to assist in my machining. It is well written and the actual book is good quality paper .......this is very important if it is to be thumbed daily in use. I would recommend to anyone who sews using a machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent comprehensive book on machine attachments, 7 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Sewing Machine Accessory Bible (Paperback)
New to the modern machine after buying a Janome 7025 (brilliant!) to replace my 40 year old faithful, I wanted a reference book on modern attachments and their uses. This fits the bill excellently and I have been able to select those I want to buy to start off with, to attempt freehand embroidery and quilting. I am sure I will be referring to it often to understand the techniques of using attachments to create particular effects. Very clear photographs included.

5.0 out of 5 stars elephant, 20 May 2012
Mrs. Diane T. Pugh "Di Pugh" (Worcs, UK) - See all my reviews
Best book ever! I have been puzzled by all the different feet and this book is clear and informative. I would recommend this to all sewers!

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›

The Sewing Machine Accessory Bible
The Sewing Machine Accessory Bible by Wendy Gardiner (Paperback - 9 Feb. 2011)