Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 June 2012
This is a super little book of patterns - I have made two pairs of bootees so far and am looking forward to making several more. If I have one small criticism, it is that the instructions are a little sketchy here and there, for example when I have finished the decreasing/increasing, there is no note of how many stitches I should have. Small point, but I think valid. Otherwise, a great little book of patterns all of which can be adapted to your own choice of colour etc.

Since writing the above, I have made two more pairs of bootees. I am not as happy with the book now as I was, in fact I have definitely got the Hump! The pink bootees with the lace effect front were so out of proportion, I undid it and left out one complete pattern set of rows with the result that the bootee is now in the correct proportion. The picture of the pink and lilac bootee shows THREE knitted flowers, the instructions are given for two and those instructions are simply to cast on 18 stitches knit one row, increase in every stitch in next row, then cast off. Nothing else as to how to create the flower out of the semi-circular piece of knitting you have in your hand! Fortunately, I am quite artistic and made something of it, but not everybody might find it that easy to improvise. I really think the author of this book should have proof read it more carefully as it is so disappointing when things are not explained sufficiently.
on 8 November 2011
The Twenty to Make series is always good value, and this one is no exception. There is lots of variety, macho bootees for boys (have a look at the ug boots) as well as pretty ones for girls, and all the patterns (written not charts) are clear and easy to follow. Good value for money, so well worth buying.
on 6 January 2012
getting though the book at the rate of a pair or two a day all good paterns well worth buying
on 14 May 2012
although it says 20 to knit, there are only 4 or 5 basic patterns, the rest are variations on a theme. it is alsoheavily weighted towards girls, not a lot of use to grandmothers like me who only have grandsons!!
on 21 December 2012
I have knitted one or two of these patterns i.e. "Baby Lace" and "Spring Flowers." I believe there is a mistake in the instructions of "Spring Flowers". Row 8 should read (P3,K3) 5 times, P3. Consequently Row 9 should read (K3,P3) 5 times, K3.
Please tell me - any knitter - if I am wrong. I am rather ancient now and although I love knitting bootees I have not done so for a while. As you can well imagine I tend to like the more old fashioned style but there are many cute ones in this modern book and it is well worth buying for such attractive patterns.
on 17 January 2012
Twenty different patterns offers lots of choice to make simple, fun bootees for a baby. The patterns are quite easy to follow, for a quick and simple baby gift these are great.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 9 November 2011
Make your babies' toes twinkle with these twenty designs for bootees. All styles including ducks, Christmas, lace and more. Designs for boys and girls that will truly delight. I love the baby snugs. This review first appeared on Karen Platt's book review website.
on 24 July 2015
The patterns do not actually give a size, just 0-1, would like to see the size when knitted up. Disappointed with delivery time.10days. Page 46 Rosie Toes, pattern error. After row45, works 18 rows in GS. Should be 8. 18 turns booties into way too long leg, and does not resemble the picture. disappointed in this book. Wondering if any of the other patterns are incorrect.
on 16 October 2015
Some very good patterns but I felt the foot part of most of them was far too thick in width - babies feet are quite flat towards the toes - as are most peoples' - so I had to adapt the patterns which was a bit boring. otherwise good value.
on 16 June 2015
Patterns have some quite complex parts to them have had to look up a few technology question definatly not a book for beginners or any kind of newbie.
But they do have some lovely little booties in them and the book arrived very promptly.