5.0 out of 5 stars perfect
such a beautiful and inspiring and well put together book. super bits to make, i am going to make some to embelllish things like teacosies, cushions and hats but also some as little brooches. although only thing is, the title, 'birds...' just be mindful there are only two. a bluetit and a turtle dove, no more birds. so if you're looking for plenty of those you can...
Published on 25 May 2011 by VenusSpecimen

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good stuff, but could be better organised
First thing to say: the patterns are often very nice, and the ones I've tried have produced pretty good results.

That said, though, I find myself using the book less than I'd hoped to. And a lot of this has to do with layout.

The knitting patterns (I don't crochet, so can't comment on those) are written in small print laid out in a rather cramped way...
Published on 31 Dec 2011 by Hello

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars The Title does not fit the book, 19 Jun 2013
This review is from: 75 Birds and Butterflies to Knit & Crochet (Paperback)
When I order the book the title said 75 birds & Butterflies & beauitful beasties. I was really upset to find that the book had only 2 birds but 3 nests, butterflies and beasties. there are lots of flowers, leaves, vegtables and rock pools with fish. There is even a couple of snow flakes. I have loved all my books from search Press but this one has let me down. I have used the 100 flowers to knit and crochet lots ot time as I have a small group of ladies who love to craft togther. There views were the same. I hope you look into this as the title is very wrong. Out of 75 there are 32 flowers, leaves and vegtables and that not counting seaweeds and mushrooms.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 23 Nov 2011
This review is from: 75 Birds and Butterflies to Knit & Crochet (Paperback)
I bought this book after seen it on waterstone shelf its not only available at reasonable price here but its is so easy to understand and knit even for someone beginner like me and i'm in love with it and worth every penny spend

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 9 April 2011
This review is from: 75 Birds and Butterflies to Knit & Crochet (Paperback)
I already had 100 flowers by same author so knew what to expect. Nicely laid out book - loads of ideas and a lot of fun to do. Loved it

4.0 out of 5 stars Ever knitted a slug?, 29 Mar 2011
Natasha Coombs (Mid-Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 75 Birds and Butterflies to Knit & Crochet (Paperback)
It was the first thing I made from this book. Turned into a brooch for my Mum's Mother's Day pressie.

The book is full of fascinating projects, all small and portable and made in a short time. Patterns are sometimes not very easy to translate but a little perseverance goes a ong way!

5.0 out of 5 stars 75 Birds and Butterflies to Knit and Crochet, 6 Aug 2011
This review is from: 75 Birds and Butterflies to Knit & Crochet (Paperback)
This is an excellent book with a host of attractive creations to make. A certain amount of knitting and crochet skill would be an advantage- - because of their size some items are rather "fiddly"- -but anyone could use the patterns with a little perseverance. The title is more alliterative than accurate (there are only two birds!)but the flowers,fruit,foliage and insects are beautifully illustrated, and so life-like that there is an immediate temptation to find some odd wool and get started.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent patterns, 29 Mar 2011
This review is from: 75 Birds and Butterflies to Knit & Crochet (Paperback)
Love this book. Has good selection of both knit and crochet patterns. Nice to have the wide selection. I crochet better than I can knit, its good to have the range of patterns; there's flowers/leaves/insects in both crafts, so you get a good variety. Clear instructions that I can follow easily, even the knitted ones. Wonderful of selection of plants and wildlife.

5.0 out of 5 stars 75 birds and butterflies to knit and crochet., 3 Oct 2013
This review is from: 75 Birds and Butterflies to Knit & Crochet (Paperback)
Beautiful book with lovely illustrations.
In the short time I have had this book I have made a few items and so has other members of my knitting group.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, imaginative patterns with gorgeous photographs, 8 Sep 2013
This review is from: 75 Birds and Butterflies to Knit & Crochet (Paperback)
Just had to have this book once I saw the beautiful photographs and the clear instructions. Am looking forward very much to making some of these items, especially the blue tit and the butterflies.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb book, 2 Sep 2013
This review is from: 75 Birds and Butterflies to Knit & Crochet (Paperback)
This is a fantastic book. It arrived in good time and is of excellent quality. I can't wait to get stuck in to a new project. Many thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars 75 Birds and Butterflies to Knit and Crochet, 16 Aug 2013
This review is from: 75 Birds and Butterflies to Knit & Crochet (Paperback)
My Wife think the above book is lovely....what more can I say?!?
My Wife think the above book is lovely....what more can I say?!?

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

75 Birds and Butterflies to Knit & Crochet
75 Birds and Butterflies to Knit & Crochet by Lesley Stanfield (Paperback - 7 Feb 2011)