5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous colour and texture
I bought a Moy Mackay felt picture about 18 months ago and its the most beautiful item in my home. It gives me pleasure each time I pass it. The picture sparked an interest in textile art, which I now study and practice whenever I can. Thus, I couldn't wait for this book to be published.

It is fabulous. If you like contemporary art, with vivid colour and lots...
Published on 15 April 2012 by BushBabyJane

3.0 out of 5 stars Give me time!
It is difficult to review a product after such a short time. It wasn't quite what I expected but I will probably find it useful. Easter and school holidays have not given much time for felting!
Published 15 months ago by G. M. Donald

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous colour and texture, 15 April 2012
This review is from: Art in Felt and Stitch: Creating Beautiful Works of Art Using Fleece, Fibres and Threads (Paperback)

It is fabulous. If you like contemporary art, with vivid colour and lots of texture then this book is for you. There are lots of pictures of Moys work, and plenty of supporting text. Additionally, there are four diverse projects which detail, step-by-step, how to create similar work using felting, embellishing and stitching techniques. I'm awaiting the delivery of some wool and silk tops, so I can get started.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it..., 27 April 2012
It arrived this morning and Ive read it cover to cover, I found myself unable to put it down! Full of pictures of Moys work which I think are just wonderful.
There are a couple of step by step projects which Im keen to have a go at having done a little felting before. Im very pleased I read the previous review and bought this book its an absolute joy to have .

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I expected and more!!!, 6 Jun 2012
Hazel Vicary "Hazel" (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I have had this book on my wish list for a while and finally decided to buy when my daughter saw Moy Mackay's book featured in the feltmakers association magazine and said how much she would like it. I actually bought 2 of them one for her and one for me mainly because there is a bit of a problem with the 'borrow' word since my daughter became so very good at felting. This is a wonderful book. The illustrations are superb and inspiring to the point where you just want to drop everything and try out some her projects. The instructions are very clear both for the projects and basic felting techniques. Whether someone with absolutely no experience of wet felting would manage I really don't know. I tend to learn best when I see something demonstrated but I have to say that reading through I think someone with just a basic knowledge or who, like me, is a devotee of U tube demos could achieve a reasonable and encouraging result. My daughter and I went through the books together and it was all 'ohhh look at this one' to the point where my husband asked us to kindly leave the room and enthuse elsewhere. I am just sorry that I didn't get this book when I first saw it but am more than happy to have it as a wonderful addition to my textile library and would have no hesitation in recommending this to anyone interested in felting or venturing into creating felted works of art. I would also like to take this opportunity to ask publishers to ALWAYS have a facility for prospective buyers to look through selected extracts. There are a couple of books which I think would be of use to me but am unable to have a glance inside before committing to buying. I have had a couple of disappointing experiences buying without seeing and now, unless I have been able to see it elsewhere or it has been highly recommended by a friend I just won't buy. But with this book, don't hesitate - a treasure..... Also, the books came very quickly through Amazon, were extremely well packed, as always, and an excellent price. Very happy all round.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational ideas, 13 May 2012
inspirational innovative ideas, practical clear instructions and good description of techniques. The colour combinations are excellent and some stunning artwork.

5.0 out of 5 stars terrific book, 21 May 2012
K. Platt "blackplantlady" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This is a terrific book. I loved all of it from the pictorial instruction to the illustrations of completed work. Includes general detailed instructions on how to wet felt so that once you understand the technique, you can create your own felt pictures inspired by Moy's work. There are also step by step instructions for four projects. This book has rekindled my interest in felt making. Moy's work consists of still life, landscape and flowers. I'm sure anyone with an interest in felt will find it motivating. Highly recommended since this is the best felting book I have seen. This review first appeared on yarnsandfabrics website.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC BOOK!!, 3 May 2012
R. Burrows - See all my reviews
I've seen Moy Mackay's work on her website for a while now and loved it, this book is fabulous, Excellent instructions to make your own projects as well as loads of photos of her wonderful work. If you're a crafty person buy it and be inspired! If you're not a crafty person buy it for a coffee table book you'll love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - A Glorious Felters Book!, 19 July 2012
I was so delighted i got this book - what a fabulous felter Moy Mackay is. You will not put this book down until you have devoured every page. Generous in her tips and knowledge the author does not need to feel threatened that others may plagorise her work as that would be impossible. Her unique vision, exciting vividness of colour and beautiful use of added textures and stitching make her a master of her art. This book is a wonderful choice for those felters who perhaps strive to give an added "oomph" to their felt pictures through the use of embellished textures and stitching which the author does so beautifully and explains so clearly in her demonstration pieces. A glorious feast for the senses of the textile artist - you will be thrilled you bought this beautifully illustrated book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A colour fantasia, 12 July 2012
If you are a crafter like me your fingers will start jumping and itching to get at some wool but if not then you can still drool over it as a wonderful illustrated art book. The colour vibrates off the page. If you have never made a piece of wet felt before, the step by step tutorials will make it very easy to give it a go. I have many craft books but this is my favourite. It is worth every penny. Go and look at the author's website for more examples of her fabulous art.
Buy this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Inspiring, 14 Sep 2012
I adore this book - i cannot wait to try felting out - ive never done it before and the instructions and explainations are simple to understand and i love the equipment and technique pages.

Very impressed and inspired by this book! x

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely informative book, 16 July 2012
This is a lovely book. It is beautifully illustrated with fantastic colour photographs. Moy is very generous in sharing her ideas. Worth every penny.

12.79