VINE VOICEon 21 July 2011
This is a fab book. Love it. The patterns are wonderful and the results great even for a beginner like me. The instructions are clear and precise and easy to follow. The only thing I would have suggested is putting a glossery of terms in the book but I suppose the author assumes you can already knit before picking up this book. I had only done a few scarves and hats before attempt these patterns so really pleased with my first attempts (see pics)
review image review image
on 29 January 2011
I got this book and first night knitted 2 fried eggs!! was thrilled with them! have knitted lots food since..book gives clear correct instructions.. however cornish pasty when knitted on size needles and rows came out 2 inches rather then 5 so did it on bigger needles and increased stitches and rows...but this was only 1 seemed incorrect..but maybe was me!have since got her other books and have had so much fun knitting food..am thrilled with all results ..but my family think I have gone mad knitting food! most items are quick and easy to do,and like eggs and chips could be done by a beginner even 4 needle ones are not to hard as small items and less stitches on needles..buy this book and you will have lots of fun..and does not cost much as uses small amounts off wool!..must go now as lots more things to knit...mushrooms to go with egg and chips I think! cannot recommend this book or her others to much!!
on 31 July 2010
This book is totally fab - full of mad food knits with simple, easy to follow instructions, great pictures and the finished items really do turn out like they should! I've knitted pretty much everything in here and it all looks good enough to eat!
this book has some amazing ideas, notably the prawns!! there's also a fab ice cream cone, meat pie, egg & bacon, hot dog and cupcake. i'm halfway through knitting a plate of cakes from susie john,s other book so might include the biscuit featured in here. only problem is...finding recipients for all these gorgeous items!! but it's addictive knitting
on 17 May 2014
Alot of the items are done on 4 or 5 dpns. Which is okay if you are experienced, but if you are a beginner, don't bother buying this book.
Also some items are small when needs, so size up your needles to suit.
on 8 March 2013
Realistic quick to knit and sign of our times it is junk food,i have all the food patterns and make mix but my Granddaughter likes what she can see adults have and she has never been fed junk food so purely from a boring old nana point of view dont knit for kiddies who dont eat junk all the fruit etc my granddaughter eats so recognises what they are she would not know what a pizza was
on 24 May 2014
Disappointed with this book . It is OK but as an experienced knitter I felt I could do better and often a lot more simply than these patterns. I won't use it but it might well be too complicated for a beginner
on 25 November 2011
This a great fun book. Bought for myself - not the most experience knitter (but anything tricky can be learnt off the internet) and I like things that are quick. This book is perfect for that. No complicated stitches. Not sure one of the patterns is right (the chip) but that could be me as it turned out wrong several times (Kids aren't going to care that one side of my chip is all purl though surely!?)
A nice alternative to the plastic or wooden food you usually see with kids kitchens.
on 14 April 2011
I bought this for my Mum to occupy her following an operation. She has made the fried egg, chips, sausage, and bacon so far. They all look like what they are supposed to be (not always obvious with my mums knits!)She had no problems following the patterns despite not having the greatest concentration following her op. Even if you don't knit this is a book that will make you laugh with the woollen prawns and samosas.A fab book at a great price!
on 15 November 2010
This is a great book, especially for those of us who love knitting food! It has a few different types that are a bit above the usual knitted apples and tomatoes! The prawns have to be a favourite of mine, and the burger with all the trimmings is quite cool too. Highly recommended, and a good price too!