4.0 out of 5 stars printing errors
Published on 15 Jan 2011 by Mrs. L. S. Wood

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book for the price
I have several books on knitted flowers and added this one to my collection because of its very low price and on that basis I wasn't disappointed. It does have some nice ideas and clear instructions. However, if I was going to buy just one book on this subject, it would have to be the Lesley Stanfield 100 Flowers to Knit and Crochet (which is a must-have).
Published on 3 Dec 2009 by Jennie

4.0 out of 5 stars printing errors, 15 Jan 2011
Mrs. L. S. Wood (norfolk. uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Knitted Flowers (Twenty to Make) (Paperback)
Lovely book Flowers actually come out better than pictures, BUT there are a LOT of printing errors in the instructions. I found at least 3 in the short while I was reading for example water lily K3 cast on 6 (8sts) should be 9, on the daffodil you are asked to find a button 8 1/4" inches round ??? and the sweet william round 4 increasing should read 40 sts not 50. As I haven't read the rest in detail there may be more mistakes, but the ones I have knitted up have come out well, with the adjustments.

4.0 out of 5 stars Flower Power, 18 Feb 2010
This review is from: Knitted Flowers (Twenty to Make) (Paperback)
This book contains some wonderful designs and the finish products have been very well received as presents. I even wore my knitted daisy as an unusual wedding corsage !

I have come across a few printing mistakes amongst the instruction, but even as a novice knitter, they are easy to spot and common-sense puts you back on the right track.

I've worked my way through most of the designs, think the book it great value for money and like the fact that it's small enough to fit in my bag, along with my knitting needles and a small ball of wool :-)

I'm no longer spend my time waiting for someone to buy me flowers....instead I'm knitting my own and best still...mine don't die.

4.0 out of 5 stars Eats up the leftovers, 22 Nov 2009
Elaine B Reader (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Knitted Flowers (Twenty to Make) (Paperback)
I reckon this is a very useful book to have to use up all the odd bits of yarn left over from knitting cardis, jumpers etc. The instructions are simple and you can easily make a rose, cherry blossom, poppy, daisy, clematis, tulip, daffodil, pansy etc just choose the flower shape you like and make it up in whatever colour you have - so easy to decorate knitted items, coats, even making up "bracelets" by stitching onto ribbon or braid - found that popular with preteens in the family. I'm hoping to get round to making one in 100% wool and then felting it - I may try enlarging petal sizes on daisy - if I do manage it I'll show it here as a pic. There's a choice of yarns, includes some novelty ones. Good book - especially if you like crochet flowers - but can't get the hang of crocheting.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book for the price, 3 Dec 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars knitted flowers 20 to make, 18 Feb 2010
This review is from: Knitted Flowers (Twenty to Make) (Paperback)
i brought this little book so that I could knit something to raise funds for my grandsons school, I have really enjoyed these flowers as they are quick, and mostly easy to do, They also look good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Knitty gritty, 17 Oct 2011
Jood (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Knitted Flowers (Twenty to Make) (Paperback)
I don't think this is a book for a beginner as some of the techniques are quite difficult e.g. knitting into every stitch can be a tricky one. Yes, it sounds easy, but when you've increased from 5 to 10, then 10 to 20, 20 to 40, it can be a bit of a struggle if you're not used to doing this sort of thing. Using a chunky yarn on a relatively fine needle (UK size 10) could also prove frustrating. Some of the instructions are incorrect, which again for a novice could be confusing. Fortunately I'm an experienced knitter, but some of the instructions had me laughing out loud....take the Poppy for instance...the materials list includes a "round button, 220mm (8 + 5/8")" I have never even seen a button measuring 8 + 5/8", and given the finished poppy apparently measures 4 + 3/4", wouldn't this be a tad large? Even 22mm is 7/8", so I reckon a novice would be completely confused by this. This is not the only error I've come across, so I think the proof reader (if one was employed at all) must either have been asleep, or not a knitter.

Some of the finished flowers are quite a bit a larger than I would want, even using the recommended yarn and needles.

Having said all that it is quite a useful little book, certainly for the price, but I doubt if I'll use it that often, and will probably look for something better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Knitted Flowers (Twenty to Make), 18 Feb 2010
This review is from: Knitted Flowers (Twenty to Make) (Paperback)
This is an excellent book for knitted flowers. Very clearly illustrated and set out in lovely colour and with easy to follow instructions.
I am looking forward to trying out these flowers to enhance clothes, not to mention tea cozies, cushions, bags, etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 15 Dec 2009
Matthew A. Webster (Paignton, Devon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Knitted Flowers (Twenty to Make) (Paperback)
Got this book as one of 2 as a Christmas present for Mum. Arrived quickly and in perfect condition. Great for what she wanted as she is keen on floral knitting. Would recommend for anyone keen on floral knitting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Knitted Flowers, 10 Jan 2010
M. Abery (Essex UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Knitted Flowers (Twenty to Make) (Paperback)
Great book, fast delivery, excellent condition. Easy to follow patterns producing excellent results. Great for using up oddments of yarn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow instructions., 13 Aug 2010
This review is from: Knitted Flowers (Twenty to Make) (Paperback)
I find most knitting patterns look like algebra so this one came as a welcome relief! My first flower looked just like the one in the picture (shame I didn't use nicer wool but I wasn't very optimistic) and I am now going to go out and choose some lovely yarn to make the rest of them!!! I would definitely recommend this book if, like me, you are new to knitting and still getting to grips with all the terminology.

Knitted Flowers (Twenty to Make)
Knitted Flowers (Twenty to Make) by Susie Johns (Paperback - 20 Nov 2009)
3.99