‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A "Must Have", 27 Sep 2009
This review is from: The Fairy Artist's Figure Drawing Bible (Hardcover)
This book is a great simple step by step guide for anyone interested in drawing and painting fairies and other fantasy subjects. The illustrations are superb and one can learn a great many tips from this fabulous artist. By following Linda's simple steps I was able to produce a satisfying picture in a medium I was not really familiar with. The book as a whole, is very inspiring, and I like this one best of all! My copy is NEVER on the shelf!

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 30 July 2009
This review is from: The Fairy Artist's Figure Drawing Bible (Hardcover)
some lovely ideas in this book with great step by step techniques which could benifit any budding artist.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Fairy Artist's Figure Drawing Bible Lynda Ravenscroft, 18 Oct 2009
Mrs. Barbara Hillard (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fairy Artist's Figure Drawing Bible (Hardcover)
.The Fairy Artist's Figure Drawing BibleThis is the best fairy drawing book I have seen. It covers all aspects of drawing and painting the different types of fairies that Lynda specialises in. I just love her quirky fairies. The medium she uses is watercolour but I adapt the instructions for use with acrylic and acrlyic inks. So easy to use with the spiral binding and the pages lay completely flat. A great gift for all fairy lovers, several of my friends have ordered this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars CALLING ALL FAERIES..., 4 Sep 2010
This review is from: The Fairy Artist's Figure Drawing Bible (Hardcover)
...Ahum. Maybe I should rephrase that.
I've been a lazy git over the past few years, as quite a few people with a bit of talent are apt to be. You take it for granted, and don't do much with it.
If you're looking to start drawing/painting again, and you fancy trying your hand at fantasy/fairy (or is that faerie?) illustration, this is quite simply a must-have.
It comes in a kind of ring binder format, which means you can fold the thing flat if you're copying any of the illustrations in it, which the author actively suggests that you do.
Get it, and be inspired.
Seriously frothy, man.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful!, 9 Feb 2011
This review is from: The Fairy Artist's Figure Drawing Bible (Hardcover)
this book is so helpful its worth its weight in gold!for those of us who always knew we could do it, if we could only find the right kind of help - this is the book.so easy to follow i was left wondering why i hadnt thought of it all myself!drawing,shading,colouring,ideas for clothing,different types of wings,hairstyles even jewellery,not only female fairies but some of the scariest male fairies that could cross your mind.together with the drawing dragons book i also bought [mustn't forget the boys}this is one of the few occassions when i honestly feel this was money well spent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fairy love, 2 Mar 2010
This review is from: The Fairy Artist's Figure Drawing Bible (Hardcover)
This was bought as a birthday gift for my sister. Needless to say, I am so tempted to keep it for myself. What an utterly beautiful, gorgeous, fascinating book. I love that it is spiral bound inside the hardcover (it says paperback when you buy it, but it is hardcover). Every single sketch and painting is simply amazing and I am left in awe at Linda Ravenscroft's talent.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great buy, 4 Oct 2009
This review is from: The Fairy Artist's Figure Drawing Bible (Hardcover)
Great book, just what I expected from this artist/author. Showed it to a friend and she bought one straight away.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Fairy Artist's Figure Drawing Bible, 17 Feb 2010
This review is from: The Fairy Artist's Figure Drawing Bible (Hardcover)
This is a lovely book and will be a great help in making patterns for my Parchment Craft cards and pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for the Fairy Artist., 3 July 2014
This review is from: The Fairy Artist's Figure Drawing Bible (Hardcover)
This is so beautiful and such a beautifully written book, I an so pleased with it. A must for the would be fairy artist. A stunning artist this lovely lady.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the beginner, 24 May 2014
This review is from: The Fairy Artist's Figure Drawing Bible (Hardcover)
I love this book, it makes drawing fairies so easy, even for me and I am normally pretty rubbish at drawing anything at all!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Fairy Artist's Figure Drawing Bible
The Fairy Artist's Figure Drawing Bible by Linda Ravenscroft (Hardcover - 29 July 2009)