5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of happy knitting!
Published on 8 Sept. 2010 by Kate 120

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as easy as it looks
I am a very experienced knitter and whilst I found this to be a beautiful book full of great designs and lovely photos I have found a number of mistakes in the pattern instructions. I can work round these but I believe an inexperienced knitter would have problems and find the patterns hard to follow.
Published 22 months ago by Lindy Lou

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of happy knitting!, 8 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Knitted Pirates, Princesses, Witches, Wizards and Fairies: Create a Magical World (Paperback)
I've just finished a pirate from this book and he has been joyfully received! It was a fun project - the instructions are easy to follow with helpful illustrations. My kids just like looking through the book and deciding which one they want next. The basic doll is the same for all the characters so they are endlessly customisable by swapping around clothes, hair styles etc. Would suit someone with at least a moderate amount of knitting experience who doesn't mind fiddly bits and lots of sewing up! If you're a keen knitter you will appreciate the cleverness of it e.g. hands with fingers knitted sideways in one piece or the knitted wigs that you make for the hair. Very satisfying.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely knitted toy pattern book, 5 May 2011
misha (Johannesburg, South Africa) - See all my reviews
This is a well written book with lovely designs.The dolls are very elaborate and detailed - probably not a good idea for very young children but little girls will love dressing and undressing them. They are also sophisticated enough to use to decorate a tween or teenagers room.

The basic body is the same for all 10 dolls. The 1st three dolls are a variation of each other (an ugly witch, a young witch and 'mistress kate')where the colours and faces are different. The pirate is unique and looks like a pirate played by a rather famous actor! The father christmas and the wizard are variations of each other but the clothes are slightly different. the Princesses are the same except for the cloaks. the fairies are identical except for the colours used. All the dolls have accessories incl swords, wands, bags etc.Despite the 'sameness' of some of the patterns by just changing something simple like the colour or facial expression, you end up with a completely different doll. There are tips through-out the book on variations and changes and because the dolls are the same size the clothes can be interchanged.

The patterns are suitable for confident intermediate and advanced knitters - much too difficult for beginners.
I haven't started knitting yet but am going to this weekend - i can't make up my mind which character i want to knit!

Ps - i have started knitting the pirate and the pattern is easy to follow and the hands of the doll are just too cute, although a bit finicky to knit. This is a fantastic book!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A magical experience, 30 Nov. 2009
Rosie Anne (Somerset, England) - See all my reviews
Creating a doll from this book will be a magical experience. The character slowly comes to life, with all the detail and embellishments explained in the text. I have had the pleasure and excitement of knitting Princess Neridah and with my own creative streak used contrasting colours to heighten the embellishments for her cloak, shoes and bag. I had fun making her wig and was delighted with the finished product. My three year old granddaughter will be the recipient of this beautiful Princess and I know she will be able to create her own stories for her. I am looking forward to finishing the other characters to make up a set.

Thank you Annette Hefford for thinking of these colourful characters and thank you Searchpress for supporting her creations.

5.0 out of 5 stars knitted Pirates, Princesses, Witches, Wizards and Fairies, 16 Oct. 2010
L. S. Jackson (London, England) - See all my reviews
Good book for the experienced knitter, very detailed in the knitted clothes. I made the Pirate and he worked out perfectly !. Would recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Make-believe, 19 Jan. 2010
K. Platt "blackplantlady" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This reminds me of Jan Messent. If you are delving into a children's fantasy world, here are all the knitting patterns you need to create that wonderful world of make-believe. The wizard is wonderful including his star-studded cloak. Easy to follow patterns, good photographs and lots of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding- even for a beginner knitter!, 24 April 2011
I've never got on with knitting before but when I saw this book I decided I had to learn. It is beautiful, with great photos of each doll and outfit. It does not have any 'how to knit' sections as I think it is intended for those who can knit already, but I can access 'you tube' for that. Although I am definitely a beginner, I have managed to follow the pattern and I have just finished my first doll and it turned out brilliantly. At last I am loving knitting! I recommend this to anyone who likes the look of the dolls on the cover. It is do-able! I've already planned my next few dolls, Princess Neridah, Breanna (in ocean colour scheme) and that fantastic pirate that we all recognised!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 5 Oct. 2010
I am so pleased with this book, I can't wait to get started. The dolls in here are more detailed than I thought they would be and measure 18" tall. There is a good explationation for all patterns to follow and step by step guidelines.

The best thing I've purhased this year!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic imagination & ideas, 29 Jun. 2010
What a great book but you have to be quite competent when it comes to knitting. Can be a little difficult to follow but the ideas and designs are great. Can't wait to get started.

5.0 out of 5 stars knitted pirates,witches,wizards and faries., 12 May 2010
J. Shuttleworth "hanworth girl" (staffordshire uk) - See all my reviews
an amazing book of knitted dolls ideal for using left over wool from other projects.I enjoy just reading and looking at the patterns .so far I have only completed one doll and can't wait to start another.the instructions are clear and the pictures help a great deal towards your objective.well worth a purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 5 Feb. 2012
J. G. Garford (Peterborough, England) - See all my reviews
This book is great. Easy to follow and quick to knit. The designs are amazing. Only problem I've had is have lost my size 13 needles and 3 local wool shops don't sell that size so will have to get over internet.