Format: PaperbackChange

on 15 September 2009
I am a huge fan of these books. Step by step instructions and tracings if you are not very good at drawing. Even the newest amateur painter can produce a picture that looks half decent.

I think these books help you to teach yourself the art of water colour painting which is very handy if you can't get to any classes.

Terry Harrison has a wide range of these books, and there are also similar books by other artists. I enjoy them all.
on 30 March 2011
I only took up watercolours in late 2010 and I have found this book very educational, enjoyable and thoroughly easy to follow in order to practice techniques, colour mixes etc. In fact I have found it very addictive and am becoming known as a Barn fanatic in my family even though I am also trying other watercolour landscapes. Terry Harrison's instructions are very easy to follow and once you have finished the main exercises it is very simple to apply the techniques etc to the many pictures he has put in the book which should keep any enthusiast going for a while, especially if you also do all or some of the pictures in both summer, autumn and snowy winter modes.
This book, along with Terry Harrison's other books both of the same series and others are helping me to develop the skills and confidence to enjoy watercolouring to the full and to expand into my own compositions and colour schemes in the near future . Highly recommended.
on 3 September 2009
Another in the series "Ready to Paint", an excellent subject and as usual, really comprehensive guidance to go with it. The main reason for buying books in this series is to help those of us who are not so good at drawing, but love to paint, especially watercolours which are not so forgiving when making corrections. Once again Terry Harrison`s artistic skills have come up trumps and I am most grateful that I can buy his skills.
on 12 December 2011
This book is perfect for beginners.I found it very useful because I usually have trouble getting started but with this book I can get going very quickly.The sketching is made easy because tracing guides are supplied and this means that I can get to the painting stage very quickly.A list of paints required for each painting is included so I only have to buy what I need and the instructions are very easy to follow especially the 'wet on wet' techniques.
on 26 August 2014
Another excellent book by Terr Harrison. I love his style of painting, and my work is much improved with his 'tuition'.
There are only about four projects in this book, but a huge amount of information on how to paint different parts of barns, such as woodwork and door hinges. Also windmills are covered as well.
A good book to add to your library if you like Terry's 'fine art' style rather than the 'loose' style that some artists favour.
on 12 January 2010
This product does exactly what it says on the cover, ideal for the amateur artist wanting to learn watercolour painting.
on 8 May 2013
I have found this book so useful , I can't draw but I love to paint ( or try) and I have painted some lovely pictures using the tracings provided, I have had others and not found them so good but Terry Harrison explains the moves very well
and it works, if I can produce half decent pictures then anyone can .
on 28 February 2013
I just love Terry Harrisons books he makes it looks so easy (it's not) just keep doing it as he shows you and it more easy as you keep doing it. The tracing sheets help so much. Give it a try you won't be sorry.
on 22 June 2013
I BOUGHT THIS BOOK THINKING IT WAS A REFERENCE BOOK , AND ITS A TRACED READY TO PAINT BOOK , THINK IT WOULD BE GREAT FOR A BEGINNER , THANK YOU ANY WAY , BUT NOT REALLY FOR ME ,
on 15 February 2013
A very good series of books and really useful for practicing the water rcolour techniques. I have purchased several in this series.