Format: PaperbackChange

on 30 October 2010
As a self-taught Quilter I have amassed quite a library of books but this is the one I always return to. It is clear, concise and thorough - I would go so far as to say every Quilter should own it! It is particularly good for beginners because it covers so many topics, but I also return to it regularly to leaf through for inspiration.

I love this book and have recommended it to all my quilting friends.
on 6 April 2010
This was an excellent purchase for anyone who is new to the art of quilting. This book gives clear guidance on a whole range of quilting techniques. A must have book!!
on 26 June 2009
From the colour wheel onwards through all the basics this book futher explores all the aspects of quilting techniques to a deeph I have not encountered previously.
I have a great many quilting books and I am sure this book will be a vauluble addition to any Quilters library.
I have learnt something new on every virtually every page.
Mrs Carol J Davies
0Comment24 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 April 2011
The book is of the old school but packed with useful technical detail. The examples of projects to do are a bit out of date, but it's worth reading for the 'how to' information it contains.
on 3 March 2012
This book is a must for anyone learning to make quilts from scratch. Full of illustrations and great information. Also gives you the tips of the trade. A great buy and a great price. A must to have.
on 13 October 2013
I was looking forward to an extra 200 tips from this book only to find, when it arrived, the publishers had changed the "200" tips on the front cover to "400" tips and the whole book was exactly the same as the "200" tips book which I already owned. A waste of money. Is this legal? I do enjoy Suan Briscoe's books. They are very good value, but I'm disappointed in the marketing direction of the publisher.
on 30 October 2012
Borrowed library copy, liked it enough to order my own. Many useful bits and pieces that I've not come across elsewhere.
on 14 June 2014
I have been quilting for some time snd know a lot of techniques. I wish this book had been available when I first began making quilts.It is full of excellent advice and tips. Virtually every aspect of the craft is covered in a very reader friendly way. I liked the layout of the pages which are similiar to a magazine page. The book is illustrated with good quality photos of quilts and techniques.Although I have learned a great deal over the years, I think this book is great ad an aide memoire. All my quilting and patchwork in one place.I would highly recommend it to quilters at all levels of experience. It is my quilting 'desert island' book!
on 23 February 2013
This book answered all my questions, and some I hadn't thought of. The instructions are clear and the illustrations are self explanatory.
on 12 July 2013
Have only dabbled in patchwork and quilting until now, and this book is just what I needed to find out what I should really be doing! Very easy to read, with good illustrations, starts right at the beginning with choosing materials and cutting, right up to entering quilt competitions.......ah! one day!! Would recommend this book (the crochet one is good too!)