Format: Hardcover|Change

on 23 September 2011
It is a lovely book with great instructions that are easy to follow , you can make up your own fairy or follow the wonderful ideas in the book.Everyone who sees the fairies I have knitted immediately ask for one, so I now have a long list of fairies to knit. An excellant book
VINE VOICEon 4 September 2011
Ever since I ordered this book I have been looking forward to its arrival.It did not disappoint!! It is beautifully presented and full of quirky fairies to knit. Even if you did not use the patterns it is a beautiful book to own and just look at. I myself will certainly knit the fairies as I love anything to do with fairies!!!!!I would certainly recommend this lovely book!!!!! Well worth the money!!!!
on 19 January 2012
I saw this book reviewed in a knitting magazine and had to have it as I love fairies. I am captivated and delighted by it. The patterns are very well set out and easy to follow for someone who hasn't got a lot of experience. I've made one fairy using yarn from my stash and taking elements from one of the patterns. The book is beautifully illustrated and well worth having just to admire the photographs.
on 7 November 2011
This is a fantasic book for those who look for the unusual to knit. I can't wait to start but first I must finish all my christmas knitting because I have a feeling that I will not be able to be parted from the faries when they are finished.
on 3 December 2011
This book contains clear guided instructions for making the fantastic fairies.
Could not see mention of the size but mine came out at about 15ins long, which is a good size. It was great fun creating the fairy and I hope to do more.
on 18 December 2011
These gorgeous fairies are quite quick to knit. The designs given are cute and quirky but you'll soon find yourself customising them to use up your stash and, given that they do follow the same basic pattern, it's amazing how different they look with a change of clothing and colour scheme. Nice to have patterns for male as well as female fairies. They make great gifts, but don't let anyone flick through the book unless you are prepared for a long list of requests!
on 25 January 2012
Having read the reviews, I order this and also one for my friend's mum. I couldn't wait for it to arrive so excited and it didn't disappoint, beautiful fairies. Itching to get started and the patterns look reasonably straight forward to follow.
on 24 December 2011
This book is just beautiful, EVEN if you dont knit... it is delightful. I do knit and am really looking forward to making my own fairies. The photographs are very colourful and the way the fairies are positioned... well they look as if they actually came from the bottom of your garden! The patterns are well constructed, and easy to understand. Its a beautiful keepsake!
on 22 October 2012
Excellent book with loads of ideas, can easily adapt the patterns to suit your own ideas. Found the face features difficult to do on felt so I just embroidered these on instead. I also didn't follow the instructions for inserting card into the fairies to make them stiff to sit up, as I found mine were ok without this.
on 2 December 2012
Recommended by a friend, these are fairies with a difference. The patterns are clear with lots of room for creativity. The templates for eyes and mouths are included, however stuffing the body and making the hair is very fiddly and takes practice.