4.0 out of 5 stars useful
Published on 1 Sep 2009 by A. H. Ford

3.0 out of 5 stars Jewellery making ideas
Book holds a lot of ideas which can be used to design and produce good looking jewellery. Would make an ideal gift to a new or accomplished jewellery maker.
Recommended.
Published 14 months ago by Nick

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars useful, 1 Sep 2009
A. H. Ford "petiteamour" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Micro Macrame Jewellery (Twenty to Make) (Paperback)
I have been making jewellery for several years now and tried Chinese knotting which I didn't get on with at all. This book however really is easier to get along with. You need very few tools - a cork mat, pins, scissors and thread but you may already own most of these. There aren't too many projects but enough to teach basic techniques. Even though I mostly make my chains from bead work or bought in silver, this makes a nice change and it looks far more natural with my felted beads. I only gave it 4 stars because for me there wasn't anything exciting or ground breaking. Worth a punt I reckon provided you can tie knots!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very addictive book, 16 Sep 2010
This review is from: Micro Macrame Jewellery (Twenty to Make) (Paperback)
I bought this along with another Micro macrame Book. Of the two, this is my fave, yes it is small, doesn't have step by step pictures but the stunning designs more than make up for it. I want to create every single design in the book - it's that good!

In response to the previous reviewer, you don't necessarily have to use the thread or cord she recommends, you can use what you have. The beauty of Marcame is that you can be flexible, once you have mastered a technique, the type of cord or thread you use doesn't matter. By the way you can get the threads and cords she recommended, do an online search. I don't want to break Amazon rules so I can't recommend the online shops I got mine from.

This is a great book for anyone who wants to their Macraming to another level. I love Macrame because it is so relaxing and can be addictive.

Happy Macraming!

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong for the price, 12 Jun 2010
This review is from: Micro Macrame Jewellery (Twenty to Make) (Paperback)
Has a few interesting bits along with basic instructions and some useful ideas. Some of the cords called for may be difficult to source in the UK but with a bit of ingenuity others could be substitiuted. For the price this is excellent value.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, 10 Jan 2011
M. Anastasia (Europe) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Micro Macrame Jewellery (Twenty to Make) (Paperback)
As always Suzan Millodot has created a beautifuly illustrated bokk with clear instructions and many ideas. Her writing style is easy to follow and even an amateur like me is able to create quikly beutiful and elegant jewellery.
I highly recomend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Even I could do it!, 15 Oct 2012
This review is from: Micro Macrame Jewellery (Twenty to Make) (Paperback)
I love doing different kinds of craft, but am hindered by large hands and small amounts of patience. I recalled my father doing macrame on a larger scale back in the 70s, and thought - as we are alike - I could manage micro macrame... if I could understand the instructions that is! I ordered this book, turning out to be smaller than I anticipated, and turned to the initial instructions. I used string as a first material as I guessed this would be easier to knot - and cheaper - than the proper cord. I fancied making a spiral braid... and to my delight, half an hour later - thanks to clear, coherent and well-organised instructions - I had 4 cms of spiral and a new craft to enjoy.

I recommend this book, for its coherence and organisation. It is so clear to follow. Even when you get to the pages showing how to make various items there is a clear reference back to the appropriate instruction diagrams. I congratulate the author.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 10 Jun 2012
Y. Musson (Staffordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Micro Macrame Jewellery (Twenty to Make) (Paperback)
I purchased this book as a starter point for revisiting macrame following my initial interest in the 1970's.

I found it a good buy for the money with good diagrams and plenty of projects to keep me interested.

Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Micro Macrame Jewellery, 16 May 2012
This review is from: Micro Macrame Jewellery (Twenty to Make) (Paperback)
Love this little book, good diagrams, clear instructions, enough different knots to begin with. Good ideas that you can mix and match with imagination and each design has alternative beads/colours.

3.0 out of 5 stars Jewellery making ideas, 23 May 2013
Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seasoned macrame addict, 29 Aug 2012
This review is from: Micro Macrame Jewellery (Twenty to Make) (Paperback)
I had been showing my daughters how to make friendship bracelets and this popped up on Amazon as a recommendation, when I read the reviews and previewed what was in it it renewed my interest in macrame so I ordered it and thought it was well set out with good pictures and instructions

5.0 out of 5 stars Some practice needed to get going, 1 Dec 2010
This review is from: Micro Macrame Jewellery (Twenty to Make) (Paperback)
If you want to or are into making your own jewellery this is something different. Very pleased with this book. I am now hooked on Mico Macrame. With practice you can master the different techniques and can customise your own designs. Some are a bit tricky, but you develop your own method of working.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Micro Macrame Jewellery (Twenty to Make)
Micro Macrame Jewellery (Twenty to Make) by Suzen Millodot (Paperback - 24 Mar 2009)
3.99